iNOS Antibody Summary
iNOS Antibody was made to a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues D(17) L K E E K D I N N N V K K T(31) of mouse iNOS.
This antibody detects iNOS. It does not detect other NOS isoforms.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:200 - 1:800
- Flow Cytometry
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:50
- Immunohistochemistry 1:20
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:20
- In vitro assay
WB: Detects an approx. 135 kDa protein representing recombinant human iNOS and human iNOS from cytokine stimulated A549 cells. Also detects purified recombinant mouse iNOS, mouse iNOS from cytokine stimulated RAW 264.7 cells and cytokine stimulated rat fibroblast iNOS. However, the signals are not as strong as those seen with the human samples. Use In vitro assay reported in scientific literature (PMID: 27998907). Use in FLOW reported in scientific literature (PMID: 31536479).
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
|Read Publications using
NB300-605 in the following applications:
Porcine reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 31292486).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at -20C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.05% Sodium Azide
Alternate Names for iNOS Antibody
- EC 22.214.171.124
- Hepatocyte NOS
- Inducible NO synthase
- Inducible NOS
- nitric oxide synthase 2, inducible
- nitric oxide synthase 2A (inducible, hepatocytes)
- nitric oxide synthase, inducible
- nitric oxide synthase, macrophage
- NOS type II
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS2
Nitric oxide (NO) is a colorless, free radical gas that carries a variety of messages between cells. Vasorelaxation, neurotransmission and cytotoxicity can all be potentiated through cellular response to NO. NO production is mediated by members of the nitric oxide synthase (NOS) family including the two constitutive isoforms: brain, bNOS, or neuronal NOS, nNOS (type I) and endothelial cell NOS, eNOS (type III); along with the inducible isoform, iNOS (type II). NOS catalyzes the oxidization of L-arginine to produce L-citrulline and NO, requiring the cofactors calmodulin, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH), flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD), and flavin mononucleotide (FMN), heme, and tetrahydrobiopterin (1).
The 131 kDa enzyme, iNOS, is found in a variety of cell types including macrophages, hepatocytes, synoviocytes, and smooth muscle cells. While constitutively expressed in kidneys, in other tissues iNOS is induced by bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPS), growth factors, and cytokines such as IFN-gamma, TNF, IL-1 and IL-2. iNOS is not regulated by the level of intracellular Ca2+ and is constantly active as a dimer when expressed. iNOS activity is elevated in a variety of diseases including atherosclerosis, heart failure, sepsis, solid tumors, and type 2 diabetes. Acting as a critical mediator of inflammation and apoptosis, iNOS inhibitors have been shown to alleviate obesity and stress inducted insulin resistance in mouse models (2,3).
1. Forstermann U, and Sessa WC. (2012) Nitric oxide synthases: regulation and function. Eur Heart J. 33(7): 829-837. PMID: 21890489
2. Aktan F. (2004) iNOS-mediated nitric oxide production and its regulation. Life Sci. 75(6):639-53. PMID: 15172174
3. Cinelli MA, Do HT, Miley GP, Silverman RB. (2020) Inducible nitric oxide synthase: Regulation, structure, and inhibition. Med Res Rev. 40(1):158-189. PMID: 31192483
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Am, Bv, Ca, Dr, Sh
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Gp
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, PEP-ELISA, IHC-WhMt
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Pm
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, In vitro
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQs).
We need to evaluate the level of iNOS in Rat sciatic nerve by Western Blot. I see that you have few antibodies suitable for that, could you please recommend the best what you have for our purposes?
- We have 4 iNOS antibodies that are suitable for your experiment. The best choice for you will depend on your specific preferences, in this case the main difference will be the immunogen location. If the immunogen is not important to you, then I would recommend choosing NB300-605 as it gives you the best value and we are able to provide the exact immunogen.
Would there be any interference from other iNOS isoforms on a Western blot or any other method for NB300-605?
- NB300-605 will only recognize the iNOS isoform, so there should be no interference from eNOS, nNOS or bNOS.
Other Available Formats
Additional iNOS Products
Bioinformatics Tool for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to iNOS Antibody (NB300-605). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on iNOS.