iNOS Antibody [Janelia Fluor® 549] Summary
iNOS Antibody was made to a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues D(17) L K E E K D I N N N V K K T(31) of mouse iNOS.
This antibody detects iNOS. It does not detect other NOS isoforms.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot
- Flow Cytometry
Optimal dilution of this antibody should be experimentally determined.
Porcine reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 31292486).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C in the dark.
50mM Sodium Borate
0.05% Sodium Azide
Sold under license from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Research Campus.
Alternate Names for iNOS Antibody [Janelia Fluor® 549]
- EC 220.127.116.11
- Hepatocyte NOS
- Inducible NO synthase
- Inducible NOS
- nitric oxide synthase 2, inducible
- nitric oxide synthase 2A (inducible, hepatocytes)
- nitric oxide synthase, inducible
- nitric oxide synthase, macrophage
- NOS type II
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS2
Nitric oxide (NO) is a colorless, free radical gas that carries a variety of messages between cells. Vasorelaxation, neurotransmission and cytotoxicity can all be potentiated through cellular response to NO. NO production is mediated by members of the nitric oxide synthase (NOS) family including the two constitutive isoforms: brain, bNOS, or neuronal NOS, nNOS (type I) and endothelial cell NOS, eNOS (type III); along with the inducible isoform, iNOS (type II). NOS catalyzes the oxidization of L-arginine to produce L-citrulline and NO, requiring the cofactors calmodulin, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH), flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD), and flavin mononucleotide (FMN), heme, and tetrahydrobiopterin (1).
The 131 kDa enzyme, iNOS, is found in a variety of cell types including macrophages, hepatocytes, synoviocytes, and smooth muscle cells. While constitutively expressed in kidneys, in other tissues iNOS is induced by bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPS), growth factors, and cytokines such as IFN-gamma, TNF, IL-1 and IL-2. iNOS is not regulated by the level of intracellular Ca2+ and is constantly active as a dimer when expressed. iNOS activity is elevated in a variety of diseases including atherosclerosis, heart failure, sepsis, solid tumors, and type 2 diabetes. Acting as a critical mediator of inflammation and apoptosis, iNOS inhibitors have been shown to alleviate obesity and stress inducted insulin resistance in mouse models (2,3).
1. Forstermann U, and Sessa WC. (2012) Nitric oxide synthases: regulation and function. Eur Heart J. 33(7): 829-837. PMID: 21890489
2. Aktan F. (2004) iNOS-mediated nitric oxide production and its regulation. Life Sci. 75(6):639-53. PMID: 15172174
3. Cinelli MA, Do HT, Miley GP, Silverman RB. (2020) Inducible nitric oxide synthase: Regulation, structure, and inhibition. Med Res Rev. 40(1):158-189. PMID: 31192483
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Am, Bv, Ca, Dr, Sh
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Gp
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, PEP-ELISA, IHC-WhMt
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Pm
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC, KO
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605JF549) (0)
There are no publications for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605JF549).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605JF549) (0)
There are no reviews for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605JF549).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605JF549). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
We need to evaluate the level of iNOS in Rat sciatic nerve by Western Blot. I see that you have few antibodies suitable for that, could you please recommend the best what you have for our purposes?
- We have 4 iNOS antibodies that are suitable for your experiment. The best choice for you will depend on your specific preferences, in this case the main difference will be the immunogen location. If the immunogen is not important to you, then I would recommend choosing NB300-605 as it gives you the best value and we are able to provide the exact immunogen.
Other Available Formats
Additional iNOS Products
Bioinformatics Tool for iNOS Antibody (NB300-605JF549)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to iNOS Antibody (NB300-605JF549). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on iNOS.