Laminin Antibody [Janelia Fluor® 549] Summary
Laminin Antibody was made to Laminin 111 isolated from mouse Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) sarcoma cells. [UniProt# P19137]
Secreted, Basement membrane, Extracellular matrix
Basement Membrane Marker
Laminin Antibody is pan-specific and reacts well with all Laminin isoforms tested: Laminin-1 (alpha-1, beta-1, and gamma-1) and Laminin-2 (alpha-2, beta-1, and gamma-1).
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot
- Flow Cytometry
- Immunohistochemistry Free-Floating
Optimal dilution of this antibody should be experimentally determined.
Rabbit, Fruit Bat, Chinese Hamster, and S. mansoni reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 18214989, 31877588, 29251349, and 28114363 respectively). Human, Mouse, Rat, and Sheep reported in multiple pieces of scientific literature.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C in the dark.
50mM Sodium Borate
0.05% Sodium Azide
Sold under license from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Research Campus.
Alternate Names for Laminin Antibody [Janelia Fluor® 549]
- Laminin A chain
- laminin subunit alpha-1
- laminin, alpha 1
- Laminin-1 subunit alpha
- Laminin-3 subunit alpha
- S-LAM alpha
- S-laminin subunit alpha
Laminin, the most abundant structural and biologically active component in basement membranes, is a complex extracellular glycoprotein with high molecular weight (900 kDa). Laminin is composed of a laminin alpha (400 kDa), beta (215 kDa) and gamma chain (205 kDa), whose multidomain proteins are encoded by distinct genes (LAMA, LAMB, LAMC respectively) and have several isoforms of each chain. The biological functions of the different chains and trimer molecules are largely unknown, but some of the chains have been shown to differ with respect to their tissue distribution, reflecting diverse functions in vivo. Laminin is thought to mediate the attachment, migration and organization of cells into tissues during embryonic development by interacting with other extracellular matrix components.
Laminins are an important and biologically active part of the basal lamina, influencing cell adhesion, differentiation, migration, signaling, neurite outgrowth and metastasis, where anti-laminin antibodies can be widely used to label blood vessels and basement membranes (1). Significant quantities of laminin are found in basement membranes, the thin extracellular matrices that surround epithelial tissue, nerve, fat cells and smooth, striated and cardiac muscle. Excessive serum laminin levels have been associated with fibrosis, cirrhosis and hepatitis, serious and frequent complications of chronic active liver disease characterized by excessive deposition of various normal components of connective tissue in liver (2). Epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) biomarkers include fibronectin, laminin, N-cadherin, and Slug (3).
1. Yang, M. Y., Chiao, M. T., Lee, H. T., Chen, C. M., Yang, Y. C., Shen, C. C., & Ma, H. I. (2015). An innovative three-dimensional gelatin foam culture system for improved study of glioblastoma stem cell behavior. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater, 103(3), 618-628. doi:10.1002/jbm.b.33214
2. Mak, K. M., & Mei, R. (2017). Basement Membrane Type IV Collagen and Laminin: An Overview of Their Biology and Value as Fibrosis Biomarkers of Liver Disease. Anat Rec (Hoboken), 300(8), 1371-1390. doi:10.1002/ar.23567
3. Choi, S., Yu, J., Park, A., Dubon, M. J., Do, J., Kim, Y.,... Park, K. S. (2019). BMP-4 enhances epithelial mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cell properties of breast cancer cells via Notch signaling. Sci Rep, 9(1), 11724. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-48190-5
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Hu, Pm, Pm, Bv(-), Ca(-), Po(-), Rt(-)
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca, Eq, Fe
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Simple Western
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Dr
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Dr, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, Flow-CS, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Bv
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Po
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, ChHa, In, Ma, Rb, Sh
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IHC-FrFl
Publications for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144JF549) (0)
There are no publications for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144JF549).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144JF549) (0)
There are no reviews for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144JF549).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144JF549). (Showing 1 - 4 of 4 FAQ).
What research areas can this product be used in?
- All Laminin products can be used in: Angiogenesis, Apoptosis, Cancer, Cell Biology, Cellular Markers, Extracellular Matrix, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Tumor Suppressors.
What is the theoretical molecular weight for your Laminin antibodies?
- The theoretical molecular weight for Laminin antibodies is 337 kDa.
If this product is used in an application or species as a part of a customer review, will that validate this product in the application/species?
- If any of our primary antibodes are used in an untested application or species and it is shown to work through images from customer reviews or through publications, this validates the application/species for this product. Please check out our Innovator's Reward Program if you decide to test an antibody with a species or application that is not currently listed.
I'm looking for a basement membrane marker, can you suggest a Laminin antibody that can be used for this purpose?
- The following Laminin antibodies are Basement Membrane markers: NB120-17107, NB300-144, NB600-883, and NBP1-51759.
Other Available Formats
Additional Laminin Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144JF549)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Laminin Antibody (NB300-144JF549). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Laminin.