Laminin Antibody Summary
Laminin Antibody was made to Laminin 111 isolated from mouse Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) sarcoma cells. [UniProt# P19137]
Secreted, Basement membrane, Extracellular matrix
Basement Membrane Marker
Laminin Antibody is pan-specific and reacts well with all Laminin isoforms tested: Laminin-1 (alpha-1, beta-1, and gamma-1) and Laminin-2 (alpha-2, beta-1, and gamma-1).
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:100-1:5000
- Flow Cytometry
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:50-1:200
- Immunohistochemistry 1:500-1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry-Frozen 1:500-1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:500-1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry Free-Floating 1:1000-1:5000
This Laminin antibody detects bands at around 440, 220, and 158 kDa in Western Blot. Use in flow cytometry (PMID: 31819166) reported in scientific literature. Use in ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Frozen, IHC-Paraffin, and Western Blot reported in multiple pieces of scientific literature. Immunostaining is enhanced by antigen retrieval with pepsin, especially paraffin tissue. br/>
The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
|Read Publications using
NB300-144 in the following applications:
Rabbit, Fruit Bat, Chinese Hamster, and S. mansoni reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 18214989, 31877588, 29251349, and 28114363 respectively). Human, Mouse, Rat, and Sheep reported in multiple pieces of scientific literature.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
50% PBS, 50% Glycerol
5mM Sodium Azide
Alternate Names for Laminin Antibody
- Laminin A chain
- laminin subunit alpha-1
- laminin, alpha 1
- Laminin-1 subunit alpha
- Laminin-3 subunit alpha
- S-LAM alpha
- S-laminin subunit alpha
Laminin, the most abundant structural and biologically active component in basement membranes, is a complex extracellular glycoprotein with high molecular weight (900 kDa). Laminin is composed of a laminin alpha (400 kDa), beta (215 kDa) and gamma chain (205 kDa), whose multidomain proteins are encoded by distinct genes (LAMA, LAMB, LAMC respectively) and have several isoforms of each chain. The biological functions of the different chains and trimer molecules are largely unknown, but some of the chains have been shown to differ with respect to their tissue distribution, reflecting diverse functions in vivo. Laminin is thought to mediate the attachment, migration and organization of cells into tissues during embryonic development by interacting with other extracellular matrix components.
Laminins are an important and biologically active part of the basal lamina, influencing cell adhesion, differentiation, migration, signaling, neurite outgrowth and metastasis, where anti-laminin antibodies can be widely used to label blood vessels and basement membranes (1). Significant quantities of laminin are found in basement membranes, the thin extracellular matrices that surround epithelial tissue, nerve, fat cells and smooth, striated and cardiac muscle. Excessive serum laminin levels have been associated with fibrosis, cirrhosis and hepatitis, serious and frequent complications of chronic active liver disease characterized by excessive deposition of various normal components of connective tissue in liver (2). Epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) biomarkers include fibronectin, laminin, N-cadherin, and Slug (3).
1. Yang, M. Y., Chiao, M. T., Lee, H. T., Chen, C. M., Yang, Y. C., Shen, C. C., & Ma, H. I. (2015). An innovative three-dimensional gelatin foam culture system for improved study of glioblastoma stem cell behavior. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater, 103(3), 618-628. doi:10.1002/jbm.b.33214
2. Mak, K. M., & Mei, R. (2017). Basement Membrane Type IV Collagen and Laminin: An Overview of Their Biology and Value as Fibrosis Biomarkers of Liver Disease. Anat Rec (Hoboken), 300(8), 1371-1390. doi:10.1002/ar.23567
3. Choi, S., Yu, J., Park, A., Dubon, M. J., Do, J., Kim, Y.,... Park, K. S. (2019). BMP-4 enhances epithelial mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cell properties of breast cancer cells via Notch signaling. Sci Rep, 9(1), 11724. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-48190-5
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Hu, Pm, Pm, Bv(-), Ca(-), Po(-), Rt(-)
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca, Eq, Fe
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Simple Western
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Dr
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Dr, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, Flow-CS, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Bv
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Po
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, ChHa, In, Ma, Rb, Sh
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IHC-FrFl
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144). (Showing 1 - 7 of 7 FAQs).
What research areas can this product be used in?
- All Laminin products can be used in: Angiogenesis, Apoptosis, Cancer, Cell Biology, Cellular Markers, Extracellular Matrix, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Tumor Suppressors.
What is the theoretical molecular weight for your Laminin antibodies?
- The theoretical molecular weight for Laminin antibodies is 337 kDa.
If this product is used in an application or species as a part of a customer review, will that validate this product in the application/species?
- If any of our primary antibodes are used in an untested application or species and it is shown to work through images from customer reviews or through publications, this validates the application/species for this product. Please check out our Innovator's Reward Program if you decide to test an antibody with a species or application that is not currently listed.
I'm looking for a basement membrane marker, can you suggest a Laminin antibody that can be used for this purpose?
- The following Laminin antibodies are Basement Membrane markers: NB120-17107, NB300-144, NB600-883, and NBP1-51759.
I have a question concerning the antibody NB300-144. The antibody blocks the function of the laminin. Can you tell me, which site of the laminin the antibody attacks? Because I need an antibody which block the binding from laminin to the integrin receptor by binding to the globular domain (integrin binding site) of the laminin.
- Our bioassays show that this antibody binds to laminin and inhibits most, if not all, of its cell adhesion and growth promotive properties. In culture, the antibody hinders cell migration on a laminin substratum. It also inhibits neurite and cell process outgrowth. Applied to tissue sections, it inhibits neurite outgrowth by neurons seeded onto the tissue section. As this is a polyclonal antibody, it is nearly impossible to determine the specific antigen binding sites. No molecular level tests for laminin domain recognition have been performed. However, based on bioassays, it appears that the mix of antibodies in this purified polyclonal anti-serum bind multiply across the large laminin molecule to an extent that its biological activities are inhibited; that is, cell receptor binding is markedly hindered. It is the best, among many, laminin function-blocking preps we have tested. Most polyclonal antibodies raised in rabbit against a mouse laminin-1 will inhibit the activity of many rodent laminin isoforms. This one is especially specific, avid and purified for that purpose.
Do you have any WB images tested by NB300-144 on human? I see the WB image on the datasheet, but I do not know what sample is loaded on each lane?
- The samples used for the western blot image are Laminin-1 (LN-1) protein from EHS tumor and Laminin-2 (LN-2) protein from heart.
What isoforms does this product react with?
- Laminin Antibody [NB300-144] is pan-specific and reacts well with all Laminin isoforms tested: Laminin-1 (alpha-1, beta-1, and gamma-1) and Laminin-2 (alpha-2, beta-1, and gamma-1).
Other Available Formats
Additional Laminin Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Laminin Antibody (NB300-144)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Laminin Antibody (NB300-144). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Laminin.