Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody Summary
A synthetic peptide made to an internal portion of the human Collagen I protein (between residues 150-200) [UniProt P02452]
Secreted to extracellular space and extracellular matrix.
Primate (100%), Equine (90%), Bovine (94%), Canine (94%), Sheep (94%). Backed by our 100% Guarantee.
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS and 30% Glycerol
0.05% Sodium Azide
Immunogen affinity purified
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 10-20 ug/ml
- Immunohistochemistry 1:200
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:200
This Collagen 1 antibody is useful for IHC-paraffin embedded sections.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Immunogen's sequence similarity with other species: Rat (77%), Chicken (71%), Rabbit (69%).
Alternate Names for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody
- Alpha-1 type I collagen
- Collagen 1 alpha 1
- Collagen 1
- collagen alpha 1 chain type I
- collagen alpha-1(I) chain
- Collagen I alpha 1
- collagen of skin, tendon and bone, alpha-1 chain
- collagen, type I, alpha 1
- pro-alpha-1 collagen type 1
Collagen-1 (also known as collagen alpha, COL1A1, and alpha-1 type I collagen) is the largest component of fibrillar collagen found in cartilage and connective tissues, and synthesizes by fibroblasts, osteoblasts, and odontoblasts. Trimers are formed by combing two alpha one chains and one alpha 2 chain. Mutations of the gene are found in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, as well as osteogenesis imperfecta. Over 50 mutations have been found in these diseases, including deletions, insertions, splice variants, and substitutions.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Rt, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ChIP, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Fi
Applications: ELISA, ICC/IF, MiAr
Species: Hu, Ca, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Bovine, Canine, Equine, Primate, Sheep
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, WB (-)
Publications for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457) (0)
There are no publications for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457) (0)
There are no reviews for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457). (Showing 1 - 9 of 9 FAQ).
We are looking for an anti-Collagen antibody for Flow Cytometry (FACS) analysis in Swine sample. Would you please provide some references if there is any available as well?
- We currently have one antibody for porcine Collagen validated in flow cytometry (catalog # NBP1-94202).
I am looking for anti collagen 1 antibody, I see your product calls it collagen I alpha 1 is there a difference?
- Collagen I alpha 1 is the most common protein for the collagen 1 protein. There are other subunits as well (such as collagen 1 alpha 2…etc.).
Can this collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody be conjugated?
- Unfortunately we do not offer this particular collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody in a directly conjugated form; however you may want to consider one of our other collagen I alpha 1 antibodies such as NBP1-77458 that is offered in several conjugated forms.
What is the epitope for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody? I need to make sure that there won’t be cross reactivity with other collagens.
- This collagen I alpha 1 antibody has not been epitope mapped; however, it has been shown there is less than 1% cross reactivity between other collagen forms and this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
What is the immunogen for this collagen antibody?
- Pepsin digested type 1 collagen from human and bovine placenta was used as the immunogen for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
The predicted molecular weight says 150kDA but the band on the gel appears at 130kDA why is that?
- Differences between the predicted and observed MW can be affected by a number of factors including PTMs, relative charges and experimental factors. These cumulative effect of these differences can be quite substantial with larger molecules such as collagen I alpha 1.
How long does delivery take for your collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody?
- Our most popular collagen I alpha 1 antibody (NB600-408) is usually in stock and ships priority overnight for next business day delivery in the U.S.
What secondary antibody do you recommend for collagen I alpha 1 antibodies?
- Because this collagen I alpha 1 antibody is raised in rabbit you would want to use any anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody. NB7160 is a popular choice for use in WB.
Can you tell me if this antibody will react with macrophages? What blocking solution was used in the protocol for collagen I?
- According to UniProt, Collagen I forms the fibrils of tendon, ligaments and bones. However, there is evidence of Collagen I being produced in macrophages, (abstract, full article). For IHC, we recommend using 5% animal serum in PBS-T. The animal serum should be of the host the secondary antibody was generated in.
Other Available Formats
Additional Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody Products
Related Products by Gene
Bioinformatics Tool for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NBP1-77457). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Collagen I alpha 1