CD11b Antibody [PE] Summary
A synthetic peptide made to an internal region (within residues 250-350) of the mouse CD11b protein. [Swiss-Prot# P05555]
Monocytes and granulocytes.
Microglia Marker, Myeloid Marker
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C in the dark.
PE (A=488, E=575)
0.05% Sodium Azide
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
Immunogen affinity purified
This CD11b antibody is useful for Western blot analysis, Immunocytochemistry, Flow Cytometry (PMID 21422470) and IHC-paraffin embedded sections. In Western blot a specific band is observed ~ 160 kDa and an apparant non-specific band is observed ~ 56 kDa. Prior to immunostaining paraffin tissues, antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH 6.0) is recommended. In ICC/IF, membrane staining was observed in Raw 264.7 cells. This antibody does not appear to work in human with Western blot. Use in Immunohistochemistry-Frozen reported in scientific literature (PMID 23980916)
The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
We have feedback that this antibody does not work in human samples with Western blot. Immunogen has 100% homology to bovine and 88% homology with sheep.
Alternate Names for CD11b Antibody [PE]
- antigen CD11b (p170)
- CD11 antigen-like family member B
- CD11b antigen
- CD11Bintegrin, alpha M (complement component receptor 3, alpha; also known as CD11b(p170), macrophage antigen alpha polypeptide)
- Cell surface glycoprotein MAC-1 subunit alpha
- CR-3 alpha chain
- Integrin alpha M
- integrin alpha-M
- integrin, alpha M (complement component 3 receptor 3 subunit)
- Leukocyte adhesion receptor MO1
- macrophage antigen alpha polypeptide
- neutrophil adherence receptor alpha-M subunit
- Neutrophil adherence receptor
CD11b is implicated in various adhesive interactions of monocytes, macrophages and granulocytes as well as in mediating the uptake of complement coated particles. It is identical to CR3, the receptor for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component. It probably recognizes the RGD peptide in C3b. CD11b is also a receptor for fibrinogen, factor X and ICAM1. It recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain. The Mac-1 CD11b antigen is present on macrophages, granulocytes, natural killer cells, blood monocytes. CD11b is expressed on 8% spleen cells, 44% bone marrow cells and less than 1% of thymocytes and is commonly used as a microglial marker in nervous tissue.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Ca, GP
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IP
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC
Applications: WB, Flow
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, Flow, Func, IHC, IHC-Fr, IP
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, InhibTFunc
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr
Publications for CD11b Antibody (NB110-89474PE) (0)
There are no publications for CD11b Antibody (NB110-89474PE).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CD11b Antibody (NB110-89474PE) (0)
There are no reviews for CD11b Antibody (NB110-89474PE).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD11b Antibody (NB110-89474PE). (Showing 1 - 7 of 7 FAQ).
I am looking for a Mac-1 (microglia cell marker) antibody to do immunostaining with my mouse brain and I checked, you have a lot of antibodies for this biomarker. I don't know which one is the best to be used for immunohistology on mouse brain tissue. Could you please help with this?
- I would recommend NB110-89474. This antibody has been published in 11 scientific articles, including several times in IHC in mouse. As long as CD11b is expressed in your sample, it should work just fine and is backed by our 100% Novus Guarantee.
What types of cells can this CD11b antibody be used as a marker for?
- A study used this CD11b antibody to stain granulocytes in mouse uterine tissue in IHC. CD11b is also expressed on other leukocytes such as monocytes, macrophages, and natural killer cells.
Do you know if this CD11b antibody can be used in CD11b positive cell depletion?
- This particular CD11b antibody is not reccomended for depletion studies due to the preservative used; however, our CD11b antibody NBP1-06650 is offered in a preservative free format and has been validated for blocking.
Looking for a bone marrow macrophage marker can you recommend a CD11b antibody for ICC?
- I would recommend NB110-89474 which is our most popular CD11b antibody and has been validated in ICC and cited in 18 publications.
We need a CD11b antibody for IHC-P on mouse tissue conjugated to FITC, do you have one that will work?
- We have 3 CD11b antibodies for IHC-P and just one CD11 b antibody we offer conjugated to FITC, NB110-89474F.
The protocol says to do enzymatic antigen retrieval before incubating with the CD11b antibody, which enzyme is used?
- The protocol is referencting the PIER method using Proteinase K as the enzyme.
I'm not sure if this will work for me, can I get a free sample of your CD11b antibody to test?
- We don't offer free samples but we do offer this CD11b antibody in a trial size of 0.025 ml at a reduced cost, all antibodies are backed by our 100% guarantee to work in all validated species and applications on the product's web page.
Additional CD11b Antibody [PE] Products
Related Products by Gene
Bioinformatics Tool for CD11b Antibody (NB110-89474PE)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD11b Antibody (NB110-89474PE). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CD11b.
CD11b - More than a microglial marker
The protein CD11b has been implicated in the various adhesion-related interactions of cells such as monocytes, macrophages, natural killer (NK) cells, and granulocytes. It is part of a heterodimer that consists of CD11b and CD18. It also modulates the... Read full blog post.
CD11b: Marker for a New Type of B Cell that Participates in Cell-Mediated Immunity
Think B lymphocytes just produce antibodies? Think again! Although, of course, B cells are vital for the humoral immune response, many studies in recent years have begun to uncover antibody-independent actions of B cells: regulating T cells and thus a... Read full blog post.
Adhesion Receptor Molecule CD11b/c is the Point of Entry for many Infectious Diseases
Pathogenic microorganisms utilize a variety of cell surface receptors to gain entry into host cells and to bypass the natural defense mechanisms. One of the most prominent receptors used in this fashion is the leukocyte adhesion receptor CD11b/c. This... Read full blog post.
CD11b/CD18 and Neutrophil-Epithelial Interactions as Targets for Anti-Inflammatory Therapies
The beta-2 integrins, a family of four cell surface transmembrane glycoproteins expressed only on leukocytes, include CD11a/CD18, CD11b/CD18, CD11c/CD18, and CD11d/CD18. They consist of a common beta subunit (CD18) and homologous alpha subunits (CD11a... Read full blog post.
The CD11b Antibody: A Marker for Microglial Cells
Microglia are the resident macrophages of the central nervous system, and the first line of immune defense. Pioneering antibody research in the 1990's identified the Integrin beta 2 protein (also called ITGB2, complement receptor 3, CR3, CD18, and Mac... Read full blog post.
CD11b Expression, Leukocyte Adhesion and the Innate Immune System
CD11b is an integrin family member which pairs with CD18 to form the CR3 heterodimer. CD11b is expressed on the surface of many leukocytes including monocytes, neutrophils, natural killer cells, granulocytes and macrophages, as well as on 8% of spleen... Read full blog post.