Rat AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (Colorimetric) Summary
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Rat 1AIF1 and analogues was observed for this Rat AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (Colorimetric).
|Standard Curve Range
31.25 - 2000 pg/mL
CV% < 5.49%
CV% < 5.28%
ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Storage of components varies. See protocol for specific instructions.
- Biotinylated Detection Ab Diluent
- Certificate of Analysis
- Concentrated Biotinylated Detection Ab (100×)
- Concentrated HRP Conjugate (100×)
- Concentrated Wash Buffer (25×)
- HRP Conjugate Diluent
- Micro ELISA Plate(Dismountable)
- Plate Sealer
- Product Description
- Reference Standard & Sample Diluent
- Reference Standard
- Stop Solution
- Substrate Reagent
Alternate Names for Rat AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
- allograft inflammatory factor 1
- interferon gamma responsive transcript
- Ionized calcium-binding adapter molecule 1
- Protein G1
Allograft inflammatory factor (AIF-1) or ionized calcium-binding adapter molecule 1 (Iba1) is a cytosolic actin binding protein containing a calcium binding domain (EF-hand) and inducible by cytokines and INF-gamma (1). AIF-1 (theoretical molecular weight 17kDa) was first cloned from rat and human cardiac allografts and macrophage cell lines. In cardiac allografts, expression of AIF-1 was specifically associated with infiltrated mononuclear cells (2, 3). AIF-1 is constitutively expressed and inducible in macrophages and microglia. Iba1, microglia response factor (MRF-1) and daintain were independently cloned and identified in rat and human tissues and share complete sequence identity with AIF-1. Additionally, several AIF-1 splice variants have been identified including IRT-1, BART-1, G1 and Hara-1 (2).
Several cellular functions have been associated with AIF-1/Iba1 expression including cell growth, cell migration, actin bundling, membrane ruffling, and phagocytic activity (2, 4). Iba1 induces Rac signaling through a PLC-gamma dependent pathway (1). Rac, a member of the Rho family of small GTPases, localizes with Iba1 and F-actin in membrane ruffles and phagocytic cups and plays a role in microglia activation. AIF-1/Iba1 induction in macrophages and microglia occur in association with immunological inflammatory processes in various disease states including endometriosis, cerebral infarction and rheumatoid arthritis (5). Immunodetection of Iba1 through flow cytometry, immunohistochemical or immunocytochemical applications is commonly used for identification and analysis of microglia.
1. Imai, Y., & Kohsaka, S. (2002). Intracellular signaling in M-CSF-induced microglia activation: Role of Iba1. GLIA. https://doi.org/10.1002/glia.10149
2. Deininger, M. H., Meyermann, R., & Schluesener, H. J. (2002). The allograft inflammatory factor-1 family of proteins. FEBS Letters. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0014-5793(02)02430-4
3. Utans, U., Quist, W. C., Mcmanus, B. M., Wilson, J. E., Arceci, R. J., Wallace, A. F., & Russell, M. E. (1996). Allograft inflammatory factor-1: A cytokine-responsive macrophage molecule expressed in transplanted human hearts. Transplantation. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007890-199605150-00018
4. Franco-Bocanegra, McAuley, Nicoll, & Boche. (2019). Molecular Mechanisms of Microglial Motility: Changes in Ageing and Alzheimer's Disease. Cells. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells8060639
5. Kimura, M., Kawahito, Y., Obayashi, H., Ohta, M., Hara, H., Adachi, T., ... Yoshikawa, T. (2007). A Critical Role for Allograft Inflammatory Factor-1 in the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. The Journal of Immunology. https://doi.org/10.4049/jimmunol.178.5.3316
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. ELISA Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Bv, Ch, Eq, Gp, Hu, Mu, Po, Rb, Rt
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Simple Western, WB
Species: Bv, Ce, ChHa, Hu, Pm, Mu, Rt, RM
Applications: Dual ISH-IHC, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ISH, Simple Western, Single-Cell Western, WB
Applications: CyTOF-ready, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, PA, WB
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: Flow-IC, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, WB
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: IHC, IHC-P, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Po, Rt
Applications: Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, WB
Applications: Flow-CS, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, KO, WB
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Simple Western, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, In vivo, WB
Species: Bv, Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: IHC, IHC-P, WB
Species: Bv, Hu, Ma, Mu, Po, Rt
Applications: B/N, ChIP, CyTOF-ready, DB, Dual ISH-IHC, ELISA(Cap), ELISA, Flow-CS, Flow-IC, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, KD, KO, PAGE, WB
Species: Ch, Dr, Fi, Hu, Mar, Mu, Po, Pm, Rb, Rt, Ye, Ze
Applications: ChIP, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-FrFl, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Simple Western, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: Dual ISH-IHC, EM, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, WB
Publications for AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (NBP2-66675) (0)
There are no publications for AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (NBP2-66675).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (NBP2-66675) (0)
There are no reviews for AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (NBP2-66675).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (NBP2-66675) (0)
Additional AIF-1/Iba1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (NBP2-66675)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to AIF-1/Iba1 ELISA Kit (NBP2-66675). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on AIF-1/Iba1.