SR-BI Antibody Summary
A C-terminal peptide containing residues from mouse SR-BI (within residues 450-509). [UniProt Q61009]
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:1000-1:5000
- Simple Western 1:100
- Flow Cytometry 1:10 - 1:1000
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:50-1:1000
- Immunohistochemistry 2.5-5 ug/ml
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 2.5-5 ug/ml
- Immunoprecipitation 1:10-1:500
In Western blot a band is observed at approx. 82 kDa in tissues that express SR-BI such as liver, ovary and adrenals and to a lesser extent testis, heart and mammary gland. Use in IHC-Frozen reported in scientific literature (PMID 26865459).
In Simple Western only 10 - 15 uL of the recommended dilution is used per data point. Separated by Size-Wes, Sally Sue/Peggy Sue.
The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
|Read Publications using
NB400-104 in the following applications:
Reactivity with CHO cells reported in scientific literature (PMID: 12356718). Porcine reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 26852751).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
0.1% Sodium Azide
Immunogen affinity purified
Alternate Names for SR-BI Antibody
- CD36 and LIMPII analogous 1
- CD36 antigen (collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor)-like 1
- CD36 antigen
- CD36L1scavenger receptor class B type 1
- CLA1 CD36 antigen-like 1
- CLA-1 HDLQTL6
- Collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor-like 1
- scavenger receptor class B type III
- scavenger receptor class B, member 1
- SRB1 scavenger receptor class B member 1
SR-BI (scavenger receptor class B member 1, SCARB1) belongs to CD36 family and act as a receptor for several ligands including phospholipids, cholesterol ester, lipoproteins, phosphatidylserine and HDL located in caveolae (regions over plasma membrane). It plays important role in meditating the uptake of HDL-derived cholesterol as well as cholesteryl ester in liver and steroidogenic tissues. It facilitates the flux of free and esterified cholesterol between cell surface and extracellular donors and acceptors, such as HDL and to a lesser extent, apoB-containing lipoproteins and modified lipoproteins. SR-BI is expressed in endothelial cells, macrophages and dendritic cells also. It has been suggested to be involved in the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells (via its phosphatidylserine binding activity); uptake of lipid soluble vitamins (vitamin E and carotenoids) and pathogen recognition, anti-inflammatory responses and its expression can be modulated by LPS as well as ROS. SR-BI has also been involved in the capture and cross-presentation of antigens from viruses, bacteria and parasites.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Pm, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Ca, Ch, ChHa, Eq, Ha, Md, Pm, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ChIP, ELISA, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, B/N, GS, PCR
Species: Hu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, EM, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, RIA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Pm
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, ChHa, Ha, Mk, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, In vitro, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Hu, Gt, Pm, Sh
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, PLA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, ChHa, Ha, Md, Pm, Rb, SyHa
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-104):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-104). (Showing 1 - 3 of 3 FAQs).
Would you please help us to confirm the application of NB400-101? Can this antibody be used for IHC-P or IHC-Fr? If yes, what is the dilution for the two application? The customer finds that NB400-104 and NB400-101 have the same immunogen, but the molecular band is not the same, they are approx. 82kDa and approx. 75kDa separately. We are confused with this and would you please tell us the dilution for NB400-104 in IHC-P detection?
- Both NB400-100 and NB400104 can be used with IHC paraffin embedded sections at 2.5-5 ug/ml. With regards to the WB image, since the markers are different on those gels, a 5 kDa difference between markers would not be out of the range of possibility but as far as the immunogen is concerned, both antibodies share the same region, meanwhile please keep in mind that NB400-104 can be used in human, mouse and rat tissues but NB400-101 can only be used in human and mouse.
What is the difference between NB400-101 and NB400-104? The same IF image is shown on both product pages, so which antibody was really used?
- Regarding your inquiry, NB400-101 and NB400-104 are the same antibodies and the reason why they have different catalog numbers is, in the first stage of production one of these antibodies was purified and the other was not but now both are purified and the same.
Do the cells have to be permeabilized before using this antibody for flow cytometry?
- For flow cytometry, we do recommend fixation and permeabilization of the cell prior to incubation with this antibody. The product NB400-104 recognizes an epitope in the cytoplasmic domain of this membrane protein. Usually our lab will recommend using 0.1-0.5% Tween-20 for membrane permeabilization. Sometimes, you can also achieve ample permeabilization of the membrane using methanol fixation. Our lab's flow protocol can be found here: Flow Cytometry protocol.
Other Available Formats
Additional SR-BI Products
Bioinformatics Tool for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-104)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SR-BI Antibody (NB400-104). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on SR-BI.