SR-BI Antibody Summary
A C-terminal peptide containing residues from mouse SR-BI (within residues 450-509). [Uniprot: Q61009]
Cell Membrane; multi-pass membrane protein
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:1000-1:5000
- Simple Western 1:100
- Flow Cytometry 1:400
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:50-1:1000
- Immunohistochemistry 2.5-5 ug/ml
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 2.5-5 ug/ml
- Immunoprecipitation 1:10-1:500
- Flow (Intracellular)
- Knockout Validated
In Western blot a band is observed at approx. 82 kDa in tissues that express SR-BI such as liver, ovary and adrenals and to a lesser extent testis, heart and mammary gland. Blocking/Neutralizing was reported in scientific literature (PMID: 12119305, 26905525). Use in Immunohistochemistry-Frozen reported in scientific literature (PMID: 24244566). Use in flow cytometry reported in scientific literature (PMID: 23029167). Use in immunoblotting reported in scientific literature (PMID: 27599291). In Simple Western only 10 - 15 uL of the recommended dilution is used per data point. Separated by Size-Wes, Sally Sue/Peggy Sue.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
|Read Publications using
NB400-101 in the following applications:
Bovine reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 24196350).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
0.02% Sodium Azide
Immunogen affinity purified
Alternate Names for SR-BI Antibody
- CD36 and LIMPII analogous 1
- CD36 antigen (collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor)-like 1
- CD36 antigen
- CD36L1scavenger receptor class B type 1
- CLA1 CD36 antigen-like 1
- CLA-1 HDLQTL6
- Collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor-like 1
- scavenger receptor class B type III
- scavenger receptor class B, member 1
- SRB1 scavenger receptor class B member 1
SR-BI (scavenger receptor class B member 1, SCARB1) belongs to the CD36 family and acts as a cell surface lipoprotein receptor for a variety of ligands including high density lipoprotein (HDL), phospholipids, phosphatidylserine, and lipoproteins such as lipopolysaccharide (LPS). SR-BI mediates selective uptake of HDL cholesteryl (HDL-C) ester in the liver, steroidogenic tissues, and adipose tissue and facilitates the flux of free and esterified cholesterol between the cell surface and apoB-containing lipoproteins and modified lipoproteins. SR-BI plays a role in antigen capture and cross-presentation from bacteria, parasites, and viruses such as Hepatitis C. In endothelial cells and macrophages, SR-BI is involved in anti-inflammatory and pro-survival signaling, providing protection against atherosclerosis and clearing apoptotic cells (efferocytosis) (1, 2).
At least 5 different human splice variants have been identified with theoretical molecular weights ranging from 60.9 kDa for the canonical sequence to 45 kDa for an N-terminally truncated variant (SR-BII) (3). The extracellular domain of human SR-BI (CLA-1) shares 80%, 80%, 89%, 86% and 84% aa sequence identity with mouse, rat, porcine, rabbit, and bovine SR-BI, respectively. SR-BI is highly glycosylated and removal of N-linked glycosylation reduces lipid transport.
1. Linton MF, Tao H, Linton EF, Yancey PG. (2017) SR-BI: A Multifunctional Receptor in Cholesterol Homeostasis and Atherosclerosis. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 28(6):461-472. PMID: 28259375
2. Hoekstra M, Sorci-Thomas M. (2017) Rediscovering scavenger receptor type BI: surprising new roles for the HDL receptor. Curr Opin Lipidol. 28(3):255-260. PMID: 28301373
3. Shen WJ, Asthana S, Kraemer FB, Azhar S. (2018) Scavenger receptor B type 1: expression, molecular regulation, and cholesterol transport function.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Pm, Rb
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Ca, Ch, ChHa, Eq, Ha, Md, Pm, Rb
Applications: WB, ChIP, ELISA, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, B/N, Dual ISH-IHC, GS, KD, KO, PCR
Species: Hu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, EM, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, PLA, RIA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Pm
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, ChHa, Ha, Pm, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Gt, Pm, Sh
Applications: WB, DB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, PLA
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-101):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-101). (Showing 1 - 4 of 4 FAQs).
I did western blot for SR-BI using NB400-101 antibody. I just want to ask the denature condition when you test this antibody.
- We denature all of our proteins using a standard protocol of 95 degrees for 10 minutes in 5% BME on all of our samples. Here is the rest of the Western Blot protocol used specifically for this antibody. 1. Run approximately 50 ug of protein on a 4-20% Tris-glycine mini-gel at 125V for 60 minutes. 2. Equilibrate gel, nitrocellulose membrane, Whatman paper, and blotting pads in transfer buffer for 15 minutes. 3. Transfer protein to the membrane at 25V for 90 minutes. 4. Allow membrane to air-dry. 5. Block membrane with 1XPBS/5% non-fat milk/0.1% Tween-20 for 1 hour at room temperature (approx. 23-27 degrees C). 6. Wash membrane twice, for 5 minutes each, with 1XPBS/0.05% Tween-20 (PBST). 7. Incubate membrane with 1:1,000 dilution of NB400-101 (anti-SR-BI), diluted in 1XPBS/1% BSA, for 1 hour at room temperature. 8. Wash membrane once for 15 minutes, then four times for 5 minutes each, with PBST. 9. Incubate membrane with 1:10,000 dilution of goat anti-rabbit IgG-HRP (BioRad), diluted in 1XPBS/1% BSA, for 1 hour at room temperature. 10. Wash membrane once for 15 minutes, then four times for 5 minutes each, with PBST. 11. Detect cross-reacting proteins using Renaissance Chemiluminescence Reagent Plus kit from NEN Life Sciences. NOTE: HL-60 whole cell extracts (NB800-PC3) were used as a positive control for this antibody.
Would you please help us to confirm the application of NB400-101? Can this antibody be used for IHC-P or IHC-Fr? If yes, what is the dilution for the two application? The customer finds that NB400-104 and NB400-101 have the same immunogen, but the molecular band is not the same, they are approx. 82kDa and approx. 75kDa separately. We are confused with this and would you please tell us the dilution for NB400-104 in IHC-P detection?
- Both NB400-100 and NB400104 can be used with IHC paraffin embedded sections at 2.5-5 ug/ml. With regards to the WB image, since the markers are different on those gels, a 5 kDa difference between markers would not be out of the range of possibility but as far as the immunogen is concerned, both antibodies share the same region, meanwhile please keep in mind that NB400-104 can be used in human, mouse and rat tissues but NB400-101 can only be used in human and mouse.
What is the difference between NB400-101 and NB400-104? The same IF image is shown on both product pages, so which antibody was really used?
- Regarding your inquiry, NB400-101 and NB400-104 are the same antibodies and the reason why they have different catalog numbers is, in the first stage of production one of these antibodies was purified and the other was not but now both are purified and the same.
Hi. I'm interested in scarb1 antibody. Can you tell me what is the difference between NB400-101 and 104?
- SR-BI antibody NB400-101 has been validated for Block/Neutralize, while NB400-104 has not been.
Other Available Formats
Additional SR-BI Products
Bioinformatics Tool for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-101)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SR-BI Antibody (NB400-101). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on SR-BI.