Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (COL-1) Summary
Full length bovine native protein (purified).
The epitope recognized by the antibody may be sensitive to routine formalin fixation and paraffin embedding.
Recognizes the native (helical) form of collagen type I using ELISA and dot-blot. Does not react with the thermally-denatured molecule. The shows no cross-reactivity with collagen types II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X and XI.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
15mM Sodium Azide
- Western Blot 1:100-1:2000
- Dot Blot 1:100-1:2000
- ELISA 1:100-1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Frozen 1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:10-1:500
The predicted molecular weight in western blot is 95 kDa. In immunohistochemical testing of acetone-fixed or unfixed frozen sections, strong staining of connective tissue fibers is seen. This antibody has been used in immunohistochemistry as reported in the literature (PMID: 22019120) Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin was reported in scientific literature. Use in Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin reported in scientific literature (PMID 24242003)
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Read 1 Review rated 5 using
NB600-450 in the following applications:
Mouse reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 25287675). Please note that this antibody is reactive to Mouse and derived from the same host, Mouse. Additional Mouse on Mouse blocking steps may be required for IHC and ICC experiments. Please contact Technical Support for more information.
Alternate Names for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (COL-1)
- Alpha-1 type I collagen
- Collagen 1 alpha 1
- Collagen 1
- collagen alpha 1 chain type I
- collagen alpha-1(I) chain
- collagen of skin, tendon and bone, alpha-1 chain
- collagen, type I, alpha 1
- pro-alpha-1 collagen type 1
The extracellular matrix is the material found in the extracellular environment of all tissues and organs. It consists of basement membranes and interstitial stroma. The composition of the extracellular framework of all vertebrates is dominated by a class of molecules known as collagens,1 each with unique features suited for its function and location. The collagens are proteins composed of three subunit polypeptides that can vary in length, which interact to form a triple helix. The molecular basis of the triple helix is provided by a repeated unique amino acid sequence (Gly-x-y) and the polypeptides generated are capable of assembly into fibrillar or other types of supramolecular assemblies which are deposited in the extracellular matrix. The number of distinct collagen types presently recognized is more than fourteen.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Rt, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ChIP, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Fi
Applications: ELISA, ICC/IF, MiAr
Species: Hu, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Eq, Ma, Rb
Applications: WB, DB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NB600-450):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NB600-450). (Showing 1 - 9 of 9 FAQs).
We are looking for an anti-Collagen antibody for Flow Cytometry (FACS) analysis in Swine sample. Would you please provide some references if there is any available as well?
- We currently have one antibody for porcine Collagen validated in flow cytometry (catalog # NBP1-94202).
I am looking for anti collagen 1 antibody, I see your product calls it collagen I alpha 1 is there a difference?
- Collagen I alpha 1 is the most common protein for the collagen 1 protein. There are other subunits as well (such as collagen 1 alpha 2…etc.).
Can this collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody be conjugated?
- Unfortunately we do not offer this particular collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody in a directly conjugated form; however you may want to consider one of our other collagen I alpha 1 antibodies such as NBP1-77458 that is offered in several conjugated forms.
What is the epitope for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody? I need to make sure that there won’t be cross reactivity with other collagens.
- This collagen I alpha 1 antibody has not been epitope mapped; however, it has been shown there is less than 1% cross reactivity between other collagen forms and this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
What is the immunogen for this collagen antibody?
- Pepsin digested type 1 collagen from human and bovine placenta was used as the immunogen for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
The predicted molecular weight says 150kDA but the band on the gel appears at 130kDA why is that?
- Differences between the predicted and observed MW can be affected by a number of factors including PTMs, relative charges and experimental factors. These cumulative effect of these differences can be quite substantial with larger molecules such as collagen I alpha 1.
How long does delivery take for your collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody?
- Our most popular collagen I alpha 1 antibody (NB600-408) is usually in stock and ships priority overnight for next business day delivery in the U.S.
What secondary antibody do you recommend for collagen I alpha 1 antibodies?
- Because this collagen I alpha 1 antibody is raised in rabbit you would want to use any anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody. NB7160 is a popular choice for use in WB.
What is the dilution factor for IHC for starting? Because the range of dilution factor on the datasheet is so broad, I am confused which dilution factor is suitable for starting.
- I can recommend the following dilution to start. Keep in mind that these will all vary greatly by sample type, so these are just suggestions. You may need to use more or less antibody. For catalog number NB600-450, the dilution range is 1:1000-1:2000.
Additional Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (COL-1) Products
Related Products by Gene
Bioinformatics Tool for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NB600-450)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (NB600-450). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Collagen I alpha 1