CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant mouse CD31/PECAM-1
Accession # Q08481
Detects mouse CD31/PECAM-1 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs and Western blots, approximately 10% cross-reactivity with recombinant human CD31 and recombinant porcine CD31 is observed. Detects mouse CD31 and rat CD31 in flow cytometry.
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25 ug/10^6 cells
- Immunocytochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
- Immunohistochemistry 3-15 ug/mL
- Western Blot 0.5 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied either lyophilized or as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- adhesion molecule
- CD31 antigen
- PECAM-1, CD31/EndoCAM
- platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1
- platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule
PECAM-1 (Platelet-Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1), also known as CD31, is a 130 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein adhesion molecule in the immunoglobulin superfamily (1, 2). Expression is restricted to cells involved in circulation, especially endothelial cells, platelets, monocytes, neutrophils and lymphocyte subsets. PECAM-1 is concentrated at cell-cell junctions and is required for Transendothelial Migration (TEM) (1-3). The Extracellular Domain (ECD) of PECAM-1 has ten potential N-linked glycosylation sites and six C2-type Ig-like domains, the first of which is critical for adhesion and extravasation (3, 4). The cytoplasmic domain contains Immunoregulatory Tyrosine-based Inhibitory and Switch Motifs (ITIM, ITSM) that mediate both inhibition and activation via phosphotyrosine-mediated engagement of SH2-containing signaling molecules (1, 5). Metalloproteinase-mediated ectodomain shedding occurs during apoptosis (6) but increased serum PECAM-1 ectodomain in HIV and active multiple sclerosis occurs independent of apoptosis (7, 8). In humans, expression of six isoforms with exon deletions in the cytoplasmic domain is tissue- and stage-specific, but full-length PECAM-1 is predominant. A form lacking the ITSM predominates in mouse (9). Mouse PECAM-1 ECD shows 77%, 63%, 63%, 63%, and 61% amino acid (aa) identity with rat, human, canine, porcine, and bovine PECAM-1, respectively. PECAM-1 participates with other adhesion molecules in some functions, but is the critical molecule for TEM. Homotypic PECAM-1 adhesion in trans, combined with cycling of PECAM-1 to and from surface-connected endothelial cell vesicles, leads leukocytes across endothelial tight junctions (3, 10). Homotypic adhesion and signaling functions also strongly suppress mitochondria-dependent apoptosis (11). In platelets, PECAM-1 is necessary for limiting thrombus formation (12) and promoting integrin-mediated clot retraction and platelet spreading (13), but mechanisms for these phenomena are unclear. PECAM-/- mice are deficient in chemokine-mediated chemotaxis (14).
- Ilan, N. and J.A. Madri (2003) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 15:515.
- Xie, Y. and W.A. Muller (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90:5569.
- Liao, F. et al. (1997) J. Exp. Med. 185:1349.
- Nakada, M.T. et al. (2000) J. Immunol. 164:452.
- Chemnitz, J.M. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 173:945.
- Ilan, N. et al. (2001) FASEB J. 15:362.
- Eugenin, E.A. et al. (2006) J. Leukoc. Biol. 79:444.
- Losy, J. et al. (1999) J. Neuroimmunol. 99:169.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2003) Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 284:H1008.
- Mamdouh, Z. et al. (2003) Nature 421:748.
- Gao, C. et al. (2003) Blood 102:169.
- Falati, S. et al. (2006) Blood 107:535.
- Wee, J.L. and D.E. Jackson (2005) Blood 106:3816.
- Wu, Y. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 175:3484.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu(-), Mu
Applications: ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, WB
Applications: CyTOF-ready, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, PA, WB
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: Flow-IC, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, WB
Species: Ca, Fe, Hu, Mu
Applications: Dual ISH-IHC, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ELISA(Sta), Flow, ICC, IHC, IP, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, In vivo, WB
Applications: IHC, Simple Western, WB
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, IHC, Neut, WB
Species: Bv, Ca, Ch, Eq, Hu, Mu, Po, Rt
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, WB
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (AF3628). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQs).
Does CD31/PECAM-1 antibody (AF3628) work on Rat Paraffin embedded tissues(FFPE)?
- For this antibody AF3628, it has been validated for mouse and rat and listed are multiple publications stating it was used for IHC-Paraffin.
Additional CD31/PECAM-1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (AF3628)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (AF3628). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (AF3628)
Learn more about PTMs related to CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (AF3628).
Blogs on CD31/PECAM-1.