LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (H4B4) [Janelia Fluor® 646] Summary
LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (H4B4) was made using a human adherent spleen cells.
Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Endosome membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Lysosome membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Note: This protein shuttles between lysosomes, endosomes, and the plasma membrane.
Late Endosome / Lysosome marker
Protein G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry
- Knockout Validated
Optimal dilution of this antibody should be experimentally determined.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Mouse reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 27863209). Chicken reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 30298003).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C in the dark.
50mM Sodium Borate
0.05% Sodium Azide
Protein G purified
Sold under license from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Research Campus.
Alternate Names for LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (H4B4) [Janelia Fluor® 646]
- CD107 antigen-like family member B
- CD107b antigen
- Lysosomal Associated Membrane Protein 2
- lysosomal-associated membrane protein 2
- lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 2
- Lysosome-associated membrane protein 2
LAMP-2 (Lysosome-associated membrane protein 2) is a single-pass type I membrane protein that belongs to a family of membrane glycoproteins (~40 KDa). LAMP-2 protein is encoded by nine exons, with the first 8 exons and a portion of exon 9 encoding the highly glycosylated protein domains within the lysosomal lumen. The transmembrane and cytosolic carboxy-terminal domains of LAMP-2 are encoded by the remaining sequence of exon 9 and conform the receptor for targeting proteins to the lysosome. Splicing of exon 9 in the LAMP-2 pre mRNA leads to various splice forms with distinct cytosolic domains. Three splice variants, LAMP-2A, -2B and -2C, have been identified which shuttle between the plasma membrane, endosomal compartment and lysosomes (1). Tissue specific expression has been described for each LAMP-2 splice variant, with LAMP-2A being more ubiquitously expressed (e.g., placenta, lung, liver, pancreas and prostate), LAMP-2B predominantly expressed in skeletal muscle and LAMP-2C in brain tissue (1). All LAMP-2 splice variants participate in lysosomal degradation processes. LAMP-2A is the only variant that serves as a receptor targeting proteins for lysosomal degradation in chaperone-mediated autophagy (2,3). LAMP-2B is essential for macroautophagy in cardiomyocytes, where it facilitates autophagosome-lysosome fusion. LAMP-2B mutations underscore the myopathy and severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Danon disease which results from deficits in autophagy (1, 4). Vasculopathy of coronary and cerebral arteries is a rare phenotype in Danon patients that is also associated with deficient autophagy processing of proteins and cellular organelles (5). LAMP2C serves as a receptor for DNA and RNA, facilitating their lysosomal degradation through DNA-autophagy and RNA-autophagy, respectively (1).
1. Rowland, T. J., Sweet, M. E., Mestroni, L., & Taylor, M. R. G. (2016). Danon disease - dysregulation of autophagy in a multisystem disorder with cardiomyopathy. Journal of Cell Science. https://doi.org/10.1242/jcs.184770
2. Alfaro, I. E., Albornoz, A., Molina, A., Moreno, J., Cordero, K., Criollo, A., & Budini, M. (2019). Chaperone mediated autophagy in the crosstalk of neurodegenerative diseases and metabolic disorders. Frontiers in Endocrinology. https://doi.org/10.3389/fendo.2018.00778
3. Schneider, J. L., & Cuervo, A. M. (2014). Autophagy and human disease: Emerging themes. Current Opinion in Genetics and Development. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gde.2014.04.003
4. Chi, C., Leonard, A., Knight, W. E., Beussman, K. M., Zhao, Y., Cao, Y., Song, K. (2019). LAMP-2B regulates human cardiomyocyte function by mediating autophagosome lysosome fusion. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1808618116
5. Nguyen, H. T., Noguchi, S., Sugie, K., Matsuo, Y., Nguyen, C. T. H., Koito, H., Tsukaguchi, H. (2018). Small-Vessel Vasculopathy Due to Aberrant Autophagy in LAMP-2 Deficiency. Scientific Reports. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-21602-8
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Ca, Fe, Sh
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Ca
Applications: WB, DB, EM, ELISA, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IP, In vitro, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, IHC, IP, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Fi, Pl, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, SB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ha
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IM
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Pm
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, IP, KO
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Rb
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, KD
Species: Hu, Mu, Bv, Mk
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Ch, Rt(-)
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF, KO
Publications for LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (NBP2-22217JF646) (0)
There are no publications for LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (NBP2-22217JF646).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (NBP2-22217JF646) (0)
There are no reviews for LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (NBP2-22217JF646).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (NBP2-22217JF646) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional LAMP-2/CD107b Products
Bioinformatics Tool for LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (NBP2-22217JF646)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to LAMP-2/CD107b Antibody (NBP2-22217JF646). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on LAMP-2/CD107b.