S100A8 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant mouse S100A8
Accession # P27005
Detects mouse S100A8 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs and Western blots, less than 5% cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse (rm) S100A9, rmS100A10, and recombinant human S100B is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Immunocytochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
- Simple Western 2.5 ug/mL
- Western Blot 0.25 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied either lyophilized or as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for S100A8 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- Calgranulin A
- Calprotectin L1L subunit
- Cystic fibrosis antigen
- Leukocyte L1 complex light chain
- Migration inhibitory factor-related protein 8
- MRP8S100 calcium binding protein A8 (calgranulin A)
- protein S100-A8
- S100 calcium binding protein A8
- S100 calcium-binding protein A8 (calgranulin A)
- S100 calcium-binding protein A8
- Urinary stone protein band A
Mouse S100A8, also known as CP-10, Calgranulin A and MRP8, is a 10
kDa member of the S100 family of calcium-binding proteins. S100A8
contains short sequential modules, including an N-terminal alpha -helix, a Ca++-binding
EF-hand segment, a short central linker region, a second EF-hand
segment, and a C-terminal alpha -helix. S100A8 noncovalently heterodimerizes
with S100A9. In the presence of Ca++, the heterodimers form
heterotetramers. The dimeric complex is found both intracellularly and
extracellularly. It binds to heparan sulfate and is chemotactic for
PMNs and macrophages. The amino acid sequence of mouse S100A8 is 80%
and 57% identical to that of rat and human S100A8, respectively.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: ICC, IHC, Simple Western, WB
Species: Ch, Hu
Applications: IHC, IHC-P, IP, KD, WB
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: IHC, IHC-P, WB
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, WB
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, IHC, Simple Western, WB
Species: Ch, Hu, Mu
Applications: ChIP, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Simple Western, WB
Applications: CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ELISA(Sta), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, Simple Western, WB
Species: Bv, Hu, Ma, Mu, Po, Rt
Applications: B/N, ChIP, CyTOF-ready, DB, Dual ISH-IHC, ELISA(Cap), ELISA, Flow-CS, Flow-IC, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, KD, KO, PAGE, WB
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB
Species: Ca, Hu, Pm, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Dual ISH-IHC, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IP, WB
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, WB
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, KD, WB
Applications: ICC/IF, WB
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for S100A8 Antibody (AF3059). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQs).
Have any of your MRP8 antibodies been tested for use in neutralization, or blocking assays, on human samples?
- Unfortunately at this time we have not tested, or received customer feedback on our MMP8 antibodies for use in blocking or neutralizing assays. If you were planning on testing any of our MMP8 antibodies for neutralizing or blocking capabilities, we would recommend our Innovator’s Reward Program. Under the terms of this program we would be happy to provide a credit for a free vial in exchange for new data on this previously untested or reported application. Please submit this data in the form of an online review. Additional Innovators Reward Program information can be found using this link.
We would like to stain paraffin embedded human intestinal tissue for Calprotectin. One question will be which cells express the majority of Calprotectin - invading neutrophils vs epithelium for example. The antibody list you provide is quite extensive. Which antibody would you recommend for our purpose? Which tissue would you recommend as positive control.
- Nine of our antibodies to Calprotectin have been validated for IHC-P with human tissue, and you can see all of these products. A number of our IHC images were generated using human spleen samples, and as such this may be a good choice of a positive control tissue. We do sell a human spleen slide product, which is suitable for IHC-P. Unfortunately I do not have an in-depth knowledge of Calprotectin, however the image shown for our antibody with catalogue number NBP1-02826 demonstrates clear staining of neutrophils. The following paper also suggests that the protein is abundant in neutrophils: PMID 11435495.
Additional S100A8 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for S100A8 Antibody (AF3059)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to S100A8 Antibody (AF3059). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on S100A8