EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human EN-RAGE/S100A12
Accession # P80511
Detects human EN-RAGE in direct ELISAs and Western blots.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1 ug/mL
- Flow Cytometry 2.5 ug/10^6 cells
- Immunohistochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- CAAF1Neutrophil S100 protein
- CAGCS100 calcium binding protein A12 (calgranulin C)
- Calcium-binding protein in amniotic fluid 1
- Calgranulin C
- Extracellular newly identified RAGE-binding protein
- p6calgranulin C
- protein S100-A12
- S100 calcium binding protein A12
- S100 calcium-binding protein A12 (calgranulin C)
- S100 calcium-binding protein A12
EN-RAGE, also known as S100A12 and Calgranulin C, is a 10 kDa member of the S100 (soluble in 100% saturated ammonium sulfate) family of EF-hand calcium-binding proteins. Like other S100 proteins, S100A12 is small and generally acidic (1-3). EN-RAGE forms noncovalent homodimers in the absence of divalent cations (4-6); calcium and zinc promote the formation of higher order assemblies including tetramers and hexamers (4, 7, 8). The ability of S100A12 to chelate zinc enables it to inhibit the zinc-dependent metalloproteases MMP-2, -3, and -9 (8). S100A12 also forms heterodimers with S100A9 and binds to RAGE (Receptor for Advanced Glycation End-products), Annexin V, and several cytosolic enzymes involved in energy metabolism (9, 10). The hexameric form of EN-RAGE in particular binds RAGE with high affinity (7). EN-RAGE induces a variety of inflammatory responses including the in vivo
recruitment of neutrophils, monocytes, and mast cells and the activation of mast cells and vascular endothelial cells (9, 11-14). EN-RAGE is found at elevated levels under inflammatory conditions such as asthma, gout, rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid, and atherosclerosis (8, 12, 14). S100A12 also promotes neurite outgrowth in isolated hippocampal neurons (15). An ortholog of S100A12 has not been identified in rodents, but the human protein is functional in mice and rats (11-16).
- Santamaria-Kisiel, L. et al. (2006) Biochem. J. 396:201.
- Leclerc, E. et al. (2009) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1793:993.
- Wicki, R. et al. (1996) Cell Calcium 20:459.
- Moroz, O.V. et al. (2009) BMC Biochem. 10:11.
- Miranda, L.P. et al. (2001) FEBS Lett. 488:85.
- Vogl, T. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:25291.
- Xie, J. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:4218.
- Goyette, J. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 183:593.
- Hatakeyama, T. et al. (2004) Eur. J. Biochem. 271:3765.
- Hofmann, M.A. et al. (1999) Cell 97:889.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2001) J. Leukoc. Biol. 69:986.
- Rouleau, P. et al. (2003) Clin. Immunol. 107:46.
- Yan, W.X. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:13035.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2007) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 119:106.
- Mikkelsen, S.E. et al. (2001) J. Neurochem. 79:767.
- Fuellen, G. et al. (2004) OMICS 8:334.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Rb, Xp, Ze
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, S-ELISA
Species: Hu, Ch
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP, KD
Species: Hu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca, Eq, Gt, Ha, Mk, Pm, Rb, Xp
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Dr, I, Ma
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC, IHC-FrFl
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: IHC, ICC
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mk
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody (AF1052) (0)
Additional EN-RAGE/S100A12 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody (AF1052)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody (AF1052). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on EN-RAGE/S100A12