Human IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (Colorimetric) Summary
Measures free IL-17A in the supernatant of activated cells.
|Standard Curve Range
ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
The human IL-17A ActivELISA(TM) Kit measures free IL-17A in the supernatant of activated cells. Standard protocols for detecting IL-17A activity include ELISA and Western Blot. The IL-17A ActivELISA(TM) can be completed in one day using a sandwich ELISA protocol. The anti-IL-17A antibody is coated on a plate which then captures free IL-17A. The amount of bound IL- 17A is detected by adding a second biotinylated anti-IL-17A antibody followed by HRP-conjugated streptavidin. ABTS substrate is then added and the concentration is determined by colorimetric detection in an ELISA plate reader.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Storage is content dependent.
- HRP-Conjugated Streptavidin 10 ul
- Manual 1
- ELISA Strip 96 Well Plates 2
- BSA 4 x 0.5 g
- Coating Buffer 25 ml
- ABTS Substrate 2 x 12 ml
- 20X Wash Buffer 50 ml
- 10X Blocking Buffer 20 ml
- 100X Capture Antibody* 250 ul
- 100X Detection Antibody* 250 ul
- Recombinant IL-17A Standard 1 vial
Additional items required: Distilled water
96-well ELISA plate reader
Alternate Names for Human IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
- CTLA8cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8
- Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8
- IL-17Acytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 8
- interleukin 17 (cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8)
- interleukin 17A
Interleukin 17 (IL-17) is a pro-inflammatory cytokine produced by a subset of T helper cells that develops distinct from the Th1- and Th2- cell differentiation pathways. IL-17, also known as CTLA-8, stimulates induction of other pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-6, and IL-8, and reports strongly suggest the involvement of IL-17 in several chronic inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and multiple sclerosis. TGFB (differentiation) and IL-23 (expansion) are required for induction and maintenance of Th17 (IL-17 producing) cells, which in turn induce the other proinflammatory cytokines. IL-17 (~32kDa) protein is produced and exists as a homo-dimer, has homology to a herpes virus early protein, is one of the six members (IL-17A-F) of this cytokine family, and is well characterized and highly expressed by activated effector memory T cells.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. ELISA Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Publications for IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (NBP2-31046) (0)
There are no publications for IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (NBP2-31046).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (NBP2-31046) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (NBP2-31046).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (NBP2-31046). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
I want to stain some T cell subsets (Th17 and Th1), do you have antibodies for that? I need for flow cytometer in sheep or goat.
- Unfortunately, we have neither a CD4 antibody nor an IL-17 antibody that has been validated in sheep or goat, although if you would like to try one you would again be eligible for our Innovators Reward Program. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding this program.
I'm looking to establish an ELISA for IL-17 and want your recommendation on which antibody pairs to buy. Least expensive ones, please. Also, I'd like the detection antibody to be fluorescently labeled.
- Thank you for your patience while I reviewed our ELISA validated products for IL17. I was not sure what species you were going to be investigating, so I looked up our data for the human protein. If this is incorrect, just let me know and I can look up products for the species you will be working with. As for antibody pairs, we only had one set that have been tested together: Capture: NBP2-22531 Detection: NBP2-22532. The detection product is only available currently with a biotin conjugate. We can however offer custom conjugation for this product to any of our available conjugates. Please see the following link to see the available fluors: http://www.novusbio.com/support/custom-antibody-labeling.html The typical fee for custom conjugation is usually about $80 additional. Once you know which fluor you would like, I can provide you with a quote. We do also offer several ELISA kits for this target (they typically employ HRP or Biotin detection systems, so I am not sure if they will work for your needs).
Additional IL-17/IL-17A Products
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (NBP2-31046)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-17/IL-17A ELISA Kit (NBP2-31046). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-17/IL-17A