IL-17/IL-17A Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human IL-17
Accession # Q16552
Detects human IL-17 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs, approximately 30% cross-reactivity with recombinant canine IL-17 is observed, approximately 10% cross-reactivity with recombinant human IL-17F is observed and less than 5% cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse IL‑17 is observed.
|Details of Functionality
ActivityAssaywCitation not found None None None None None None
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1 ug/mL
- Immunohistochemistry 1-15 ug/mL
- Immunoprecipitation 3 ug/100 ug cell lysate
- Immunocytochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
- Intracellular Staining by Flow Cytometry 2.5 ug/10^6 cells
- Neutralization 0.02-0.12 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-17/IL-17A Antibody [Unconjugated]
- CTLA8cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8
- Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8
- IL-17Acytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 8
- interleukin 17 (cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8)
- interleukin 17A
Interleukin 17 (also known as CTLA-8) is a T cell-expressed pleiotropic cytokine that exhibits a high degree of homology to a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpesvirus Saimiri. cDNA clones encoding IL-17 have been isolated from activated rat, mouse and human T cells. Human IL-17 cDNA encodes a 155 amino acid (aa) residue precursor protein with a 19 amino acid residue signal peptide that is cleaved to yield the 136 aa residue mature IL-17 containing one potential N-linked glycosylation site. Both recombinant and natural IL-17 have been shown to exist as disulfide linked homodimers. At the amino acid level, human IL-17 shows 72% and 63% sequence identity with herpesvirus and rat IL-17, respectively. An IL-17 specific mouse cell surface receptor (IL-17 R) has recently been cloned. While the expression of IL-17 mRNA is restricted to activated T cells, the expression of mIL-17 R mRNA has been detected in virtually all cells and tissues tested. IL-17 exhibits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including the induction of IL-6 and IL-8 production in fibroblasts, the enhancement of surface expression of ICAM-1 in fibroblasts, activation of NF-kappa B and costimulation of T cell proliferation.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Single-Cell Western
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, KO, Neut
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Applications: WB, IHC, IP, B/N, CyTOF-ready, Flow, ICC/IF
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-17/IL-17A Antibody (AF-317-NA). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQs).
I want to stain some T cell subsets (Th17 and Th1), do you have antibodies for that? I need for flow cytometer in sheep or goat.
- Unfortunately, we have neither a CD4 antibody nor an IL-17 antibody that has been validated in sheep or goat, although if you would like to try one you would again be eligible for our Innovators Reward Program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this program.
I'm looking to establish an ELISA for IL-17 and want your recommendation on which antibody pairs to buy. Least expensive ones, please. Also, I'd like the detection antibody to be fluorescently labeled.
- Thank you for your patience while I reviewed our ELISA validated products for IL17. I was not sure what species you were going to be investigating, so I looked up our data for the human protein. If this is incorrect, just let me know and I can look up products for the species you will be working with. As for antibody pairs, we only had one set that have been tested together: Capture: NBP2-22531 Detection: NBP2-22532. The detection product is only available currently with a biotin conjugate. We can however offer custom conjugation for this product to any of our available conjugates. Please see the following link to see the available fluors: http://www.novusbio.com/support/custom-antibody-labeling.html The typical fee for custom conjugation is usually about $80 additional. Once you know which fluor you would like, I can provide you with a quote. We do also offer several ELISA kits for this target (they typically employ HRP or Biotin detection systems, so I am not sure if they will work for your needs).
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-17/IL-17A Products
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-17/IL-17A Antibody (AF-317-NA)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-17/IL-17A Antibody (AF-317-NA). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-17/IL-17A