IL-10 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
S. frugiperda insect ovarian cell line Sf 21-derived recombinant human IL-10
Accession # P22301
Detects human IL-10 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs, approximately 50% cross-reactivity with recombinant Epstein-Barr virus IL-10 is observed and less than 20% cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse IL‑10, recombinant feline IL-10, recombinant porcine IL‑10, recombinant equine IL-10, and recombinant rat IL‑10 is observed.
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1 ug/mL
- Simple Western 10 ug/mL
- Immunohistochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
- Neutralization 0.2-1.0 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-10 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
- interleukin 10
Interleukin 10, also known as cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor (CSIF), is the charter member of the IL-10 family of alpha -helical cytokines that also includes IL-19, IL‑20, IL-22, IL-24, and IL-26/AK155 (1, 2). IL-10 is secreted by many activated hematopoietic cell types as well as hepatic stellate cells, keratinocytes, and placental cytotrophoblasts (2‑5). Mature human IL-10 shares 72%‑86% amino acid sequence identity with bovine, canine, equine, feline, mouse, ovine, porcine, and rat IL-10. Whereas human IL-10 is active on mouse cells, mouse IL-10 does not act on human cells (6, 7). IL-10 is a 178 amino acid molecule that contains two intrachain disulfide bridges and is expressed as a 36 kDa noncovalently associated homodimer (6, 8, 9). The IL-10 dimer binds to two IL-10 R alpha /IL-10 R1 chains, resulting in recruitment of two IL-10 R beta /IL-10 R2 chains and activation of a signaling cascade involving JAK1, TYK2, and STAT3 (10). IL-10 R beta does not bind IL-10 by itself but is required for signal transduction (1). IL-10 R beta also associates with IL‑20 R alpha, IL-22 R alpha, or IL-28 R alpha to form the receptor complexes for IL-22, IL-26, IL-28, and IL‑29 (11‑13). IL-10 is a critical molecule in the control of viral infections and allergic and autoimmune inflammation (14‑16). It promotes phagocytic uptake and Th2 responses but suppresses antigen presentation and Th1 proinflammatory responses (2).
- Pestka, S. et al. (2004) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 22:929.
- O’Garra, A. and P. Vieira (2007) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 7:425.
- Mathurin, P. et al. (2002) Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 282:G981.
- Grewe, M. et al. (1995) J. Invest. Dermatol. 104:3.
- Szony, B.J. et al. (1999) Mol. Hum. Reprod. 5:1059.
- Vieira, P. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88:1172.
- Hsu, D.-H. et al. (1990) Science 250:830.
- Windsor, W.T. et al. (1993) Biochemistry 32:8807.
- Syto, R. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37:16943.
- Kotenko, S.V. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16:5894.
- Kotenko, S.V. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 276:2725.
- Hor, S. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:33343.
- Sheppard, P. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 4:63.
- Fitzgerald, D.C. et al. (2007) Nat. Immunol. 8:1372.
- Wu, K. et al. (2007) Cell. Mol. Immunol. 4:269.
- Blackburn, S.D. and E.J. Wherry (2007) Trends Microbiol. 15:143.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, PA, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, Simple Western, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Eq
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Single-Cell Western
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, KO
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-10 Antibody (AF-217-NA) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-10 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-10 Antibody (AF-217-NA)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-10 Antibody (AF-217-NA). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-10.