TIM-3 Antibody [Biotin] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant mouse TIM‑3
Accession # AAL65156
Detects mouse TIM-3 in Western blots. In Western blots, approximately 10% cross‑reactivity with recombinant human TIM-3 is observed and less than 1% cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse TIM-2 is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with BSA as a carrier protein.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for TIM-3 Antibody [Biotin]
- hepatitis A virus cellular receptor 2
- kidney injury molecule-3
- T cell immunoglobulin mucin 3
- T cell immunoglobulin mucin-3
- T-cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain-containing protein 3
- TIM 3
- TIM3 T-cell membrane protein 3
TIM-3 (T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain-3) is a 60 kDa member of the TIM family of immune regulating molecules. TIMs are type I transmembrane glycoproteins with one Ig-like V-type domain and a Ser/Thr-rich mucin stalk (1‑3). There are three TIM genes in human and eight in mouse. Mature mouse TIM-3 consists of a 174 aa extracellular domain (ECD), a 21 aa transmembrane segment (TM), and a 67 aa cytoplasmic tail (4). Two alternately spliced isoforms have been reported in mouse which lack either the TM or both the TM and mucin regions (5, 6). Within the ECD, mouse TIM-3 shares 58% and 74% aa sequence identity with human and rat TIM-3, respectively. TIM-3 is specifically expressed on Th1 cells whereas TIM-1 and TIM-2 are expressed on TH2 cells. In chronic inflammation, autoimmune disorders, and some cancers, TIM-3 is up‑regulated on several other hematopoietic cell types and on hippocampal neurons (9‑12). The glycosylated Ig domain of TIM-3 binds cell-associated galectin-9 which induces TIM-3 Tyr phosphorylation and proapoptotic signaling (10, 13). TIM-3 functions as a negative regulator of Th1 cell activity. Its blockade results in increased IFN-gamma production, Th1 cell proliferation, and cytotoxicity (5, 7, 12, 14). TIM-3 may play a role in regulatory T cell development, (7) inflammation, (15) and immune tolerance (5, 13, 14). Soluble mouse TIM-3 has been shown to inhibit anti-tumor effector T cell responses and to enhance autoimmune reactions (6, 7).
- Anderson, A.C. and D.E. Anderson (2006) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 18:665.
- Mariat, C. et al. (2005) Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 360:1681.
- Meyers, J.H. et al. (2005) Trends Mol. Med. 11:362.
- Monney, L. et al. (2002) Nature 415:536.
- Sabatos, C.A. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 4:1102.
- Geng, H. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 176:1411.
- Sanchez-Fueyo, A. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 4:1093.
- Khademi, M. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:7169.
- Wiener, Z. et al. (2007) J. Invest. Dermatol. 127:906.
- van de Weyer, P.S. et al. (2006) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 351:571.
- Gielen, A.W. et al. (2005) J. Neuroimmunol. 164:93.
- Oikawa, T. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 177:4281.
- Zhu, C. et al. (2005) Nat. Immunol. 6:1245.
- Koguchi, K. et al. (2006) J. Exp. Med. 203:1413.
- Frisancho-Kiss, S. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 176:6411.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, IHC, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, KD
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, Block, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ELISA(Sta)
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, PEP-ELISA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, V-Vi
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Single-Cell Western
Applications: WB, IHC
Publications for TIM-3 Antibody (BAF1529) (0)
There are no publications for TIM-3 Antibody (BAF1529).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for TIM-3 Antibody (BAF1529) (0)
There are no reviews for TIM-3 Antibody (BAF1529).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for TIM-3 Antibody (BAF1529) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional TIM-3 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for TIM-3 Antibody (BAF1529)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to TIM-3 Antibody (BAF1529). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on TIM-3.