SR-BI Antibody Summary
Adenovirus encoding mouse SR-BI. [UniProt# Q61009]
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:500
- Flow Cytometry
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:50-1:200
- Immunohistochemistry 1:100
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:100
- Immunoprecipitation 1:100
This SR-BI antibody is useful for Flow Cytometry (PMID: 22622498), Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence, Immunoprecipitation, Western blot and for blocking the binding of ligands to SR-BI. Immunohistochemistry-Frozen was reported in scientific literature.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.05% Sodium Azide
Alternate Names for SR-BI Antibody
- CD36 and LIMPII analogous 1
- CD36 antigen (collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor)-like 1
- CD36 antigen
- CD36L1scavenger receptor class B type 1
- CLA1 CD36 antigen-like 1
- CLA-1 HDLQTL6
- Collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor-like 1
- scavenger receptor class B type III
- scavenger receptor class B, member 1
- SRB1 scavenger receptor class B member 1
SR-BI (scavenger receptor class B member 1, SCARB1) belongs to CD36 family and act as a receptor for several ligands including phospholipids, cholesterol ester, lipoproteins, phosphatidylserine and HDL located in caveolae (regions over plasma membrane). It plays important role in meditating the uptake of HDL-derived cholesterol as well as cholesteryl ester in liver and steroidogenic tissues. It facilitates the flux of free and esterified cholesterol between cell surface and extracellular donors and acceptors, such as HDL and to a lesser extent, apoB-containing lipoproteins and modified lipoproteins. SR-BI is expressed in endothelial cells, macrophages and dendritic cells also. It has been suggested to be involved in the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells (via its phosphatidylserine binding activity); uptake of lipid soluble vitamins (vitamin E and carotenoids) and pathogen recognition, anti-inflammatory responses and its expression can be modulated by LPS as well as ROS. SR-BI has also been involved in the capture and cross-presentation of antigens from viruses, bacteria and parasites.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Pm
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Ca, Ch, ChHa, Eq, Ha, Md, Pm, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ChIP, ELISA, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, B/N, GS, PCR
Species: Hu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, EM, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, RIA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Pm
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, ChHa, Ha, Mk, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, In vitro, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Hu, Gt, Pm, Sh
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, PLA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, B/N
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-113):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-113). (Showing 1 - 5 of 5 FAQs).
Do you have information on epitope of NB400-113?
- NB400-113 is not epitope mapped and was generating by using an immunogen of full-length mouse SR-BI expressed by adenovirus
Is this Ab identical to the former Ab3811 - Ab 3811 was used by Liisanantti et al. (Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 2009) is the Ab3811 still available?
- Yes, Ab3811 from Abcam and the antibody NB400-113 from Novus are one and the same. The Abcam catalog number is our antibody that they are distributing. NB400-113 should perform as indicated in the literature under Ab3811.
Could you please give me information about the molecular weight of SR-BI-antibody (NB400-113)?
- Encoded by gene SCARB1, SR-BI is a plasma membrane receptor for high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) and its expected molecular weight is 61kD. However, this protein undergoes post-translational modifications including N-glycosylation which causes a significant increase in the molecular mass from 61kD to up to approximately 82kD.
We are interested in using this antibody to perform staining on cells and to detect cells with FACS (flow cytometry). It is indicated on the datasheet that it is possible to use this antibody for flow cytometry, however little information is provided. Could you please inform us on the isotype of the antibody and the concentration we need to use for our FACS experiments?
- This antibody is a rabbit polyclonal, so the isotype is IgG. We have never tested in-house for flow cytometry. This antibody has been validated for use in Flow Cytometry by other researchers in publications. All the information we have regarding its use in flow cytometry comes from the publications on the datasheet (PMID: 20041149 and 22622498). We recommend 1:50-1:200 for ICC, so this is probably a good range to start your testing with.
Please provide an estimated concentration for NB400-113 Lot G7?
- As mentioned on the datasheet, this product is an unpurified formulation (whole antiserum) and the exact concentration of antibody is not quantifiable.However, the concentration of antibody in antisera can vary from 1-10 mg/ml.
Other Available Formats
Additional SR-BI Products
Bioinformatics Tool for SR-BI Antibody (NB400-113)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SR-BI Antibody (NB400-113). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on SR-BI.