Mouse IL-17 Quantikine ELISA Kit, 2 Plate Summary
The Quantikine Mouse IL-17 Immunoassay is a 4.5 hour solid phase ELISA designed to measure mouse IL-17 in cell culture supernates, serum, and plasma. It contains E. coli-expressed recombinant mouse IL-17 and antibodies raised against the recombinant factor. This immunoassay has been shown to quantitate recombinant mouse IL-17 accurately. Results obtained using natural mouse IL-17 sh...owed linear curves that were parallel to the standard curves obtained using the recombinant Quantikine kit standards. These results indicate that this kit can be used to determine relative mass values for natural mouse IL-17.
Natural and recombinant mouse IL-17
Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
No significant interference observed with available related molecules.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Mouse IL-17 Quantikine ELISA Kit, 2 Plate
- CTLA8cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8
- Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8
- IL-17Acytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 8
- interleukin 17 (cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8)
- interleukin 17A
The IL-17 family is comprised of at least six proinflammatory cytokines that share a conserved cysteine-knot structure but diverge at the N-terminus. IL-17 family members are glycoproteins secreted as dimers that induce local cytokine production and recruit granulocytes to sites of inflammation. IL-17 is induced by IL-15 and IL-23, mainly in activated CD4+ T cells distinct from Th1 or Th2 cells. IL-17F is the most homologous to IL-17, but is induced only by IL-23 in activated monocytes. IL-17B binds the IL-17B receptor, but not the IL-17 receptor; it is most homologous with IL-17D, which is expressed by resting CD4+ T cells and CD19+ B cells. IL-17E is mainly produced by Th2 cells and recruits eosinophils to lung tissue. IL-17C has a very restricted expression pattern but has been detected in adult prostate and fetal kidney libraries.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Single-Cell Western
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, KO, Neut
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including N,N-Dimethylforamide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-17/IL-17A (M1700). (Showing 1 - 3 of 3 FAQs).
I want to stain some T cell subsets (Th17 and Th1), do you have antibodies for that? I need for flow cytometer in sheep or goat.
- Unfortunately, we have neither a CD4 antibody nor an IL-17 antibody that has been validated in sheep or goat, although if you would like to try one you would again be eligible for our Innovators Reward Program. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding this program.
I'm looking to establish an ELISA for IL-17 and want your recommendation on which antibody pairs to buy. Least expensive ones, please. Also, I'd like the detection antibody to be fluorescently labeled.
- Thank you for your patience while I reviewed our ELISA validated products for IL17. I was not sure what species you were going to be investigating, so I looked up our data for the human protein. If this is incorrect, just let me know and I can look up products for the species you will be working with. As for antibody pairs, we only had one set that have been tested together: Capture: NBP2-22531 Detection: NBP2-22532. The detection product is only available currently with a biotin conjugate. We can however offer custom conjugation for this product to any of our available conjugates. Please see the following link to see the available fluors: http://www.novusbio.com/support/custom-antibody-labeling.html The typical fee for custom conjugation is usually about $80 additional. Once you know which fluor you would like, I can provide you with a quote. We do also offer several ELISA kits for this target (they typically employ HRP or Biotin detection systems, so I am not sure if they will work for your needs).
wondering what the difference is between your quantikine and duo set elisas?
- Usually the duosets do not have the entire kit such as plates and buffers, whereas the other kits are complete.
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-17/IL-17A Products
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-17/IL-17A (M1700)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-17/IL-17A (M1700). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-17/IL-17A