Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence: Ki67/MKI67 Antibody [NB110-89719] - Ki67 antibody was tested in SH-SY5Y cells with DyLight 488 (green). Nuclei and alpha-tubulin were counterstained with DAPI (blue) and Dylight ...read more
Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin: Ki67/MKI67 Antibody [NB110-89719] - IHC analysis of a formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section of mouse intestine using 1:200 dilution of rabbit anti-KI67 antibody. The staining was ...read more
Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin: Ki67/MKI67 Antibody [NB110-89719] - Effect of saireito on the suppression of cell proliferation induced by 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in mouse small intestines. 5-FU (50 mg/kg) was injected ...read more
Immunohistochemistry: Ki67/MKI67 Antibody [NB110-89719] - Detection of Ki67 in formalin-fixed paraffin embedded mouse intestine using NB110-89719.
Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin: Ki67/MKI67 Antibody [NB110-89719] - FFPE section of human breast carcinoma. Antibody: Affinity purified rabbit anti-Ki-67 (NB110-89719) used at a dilution of 1:250.
Immunohistochemistry: Ki67/MKI67 Antibody [NB110-89719] - Immunohistochemical analysis of mouse spleen.
Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin: Ki67/MKI67 Antibody [NB110-89719] - IHC analysis of Ki67 in mouse cornea. Image courtesy of product review by Bo-Yie Chen.
Ki67/MKI67 Antibody was used for IHC-Fr (PMID: 23419702), WB (PMID: 23643677), and Flow (PMID 25733567).
351 kDa. Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Rat reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 31286466).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
0.02% Sodium Azide
Immunogen affinity purified
Alternate Names for Ki67/MKI67 Antibody
antigen identified by monoclonal Ki-67
Marker Of Proliferation Ki-67
Proliferation Marker Protein Ki-67
proliferation-related Ki-67 antigen
Protein Phosphatase 1
Regulatory Subunit 105
Ki67 is a nuclear protein associated with proliferation, named after its discovery in a Hodgkin's lymphoma-derived cell line by Scholzer and Gerdes at Kiel University, Germany (1). This proliferation marker is expressed during active phases of the cell cycle (late G1, S, G2 and M), whereas the protein remains undetectable in the G0 phase. Ki67 has two main isoforms with theoretical molecular weights of 319 kDa and 359 kDa. Its abundance is tightly regulated by synthesis and degradation with an estimated half-life of 60-90 min, regardless of its position in the cell cycle. Ki67 has been shown to be involved in ribosomal biogenesis, heterochromatin maintenance, and mitotic chromosome separation (2).
Detection of Ki67 by immunostaining is commonly used as a proliferation marker in solid tumors, as well as certain hematological malignancies (3-5). The Ki67 index, which reports on positive Ki67 stained tumor cell nuclei, has been extensively studied as a prognostic biomarker in cancers such as breast cancer and cervical cancer.
1. Gerdes J, Schwab U, Lemke H, Stein H. (1983) Production of a mouse monoclonal antibody reactive with a human nuclear antigen associated with cell proliferation. Int J Cancer. 31:13-20. PMID: 6339421
2. Starborg M, Gell K, Brundell E and Hoog C. (1996) The murine Ki-67 cell proliferation antigen accumulates in the nucleolar and heterochromatic regions of interphase cells and at the periphery of the mitotic chromosomes in a process essential for cell cycle progression. J Cell Sci. 109:143-153. 1996
3. Karamitopoulou E, Perentes E, Tolnay M, Probst A. (1998) Prognostic significance of MIB-1, p53, and bcl-2 immunoreactivity in meningiomas. Hum Pathol. 29(2):140-5. PMID: 9490273
4. Geyer FC, Rodrigues DN, Weigelt B and Reis-Filho JS. (2012) Molecular classification of estrogen receptor-positive/luminal breast cancers. Adv Anat Pathol. 19(1):39-53. PMID: 22156833
5. Ikenberg H, Bergeron C, Schmidt D, Griesser H, Alameda F, Angeloni C, Bogers J, Dachez R, Denton K, Hariri J, Keller T, von Knebel Doeberitz M, Neumann HH, Puig-Tintore LM, Sideri M, Rehm S, Ridder R; PALMS Study Group. (2013) Screening for cervical cancer precursors with p16/Ki-67 dual-stained cytology: results of the PALMS study. J Natl Cancer Inst. 105(20):1550-7. PMID: 24096620
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed for 1 year from date of receipt.
Heat mediated low pH antigen retrieval was performed on sections prior to use. Permeabilization with 0.1% triton. The antibody was diluted 1/200. An Alexa Fluor anti-rabbit 488 was used to detect Ki67 antibody.
reviewed by: James Xiao
Mouse lung tissue that was exposed to cigarette smoke
The Ki67 Antibody in Cell Marker Studies The MK167, or Ki67 antibody recognizes a nuclear protein encoded by the MK167 gene. Ki167 is involved with RNA transcription and essential to cellular proliferation, being expressed by proliferating cells at all stages of the active cell cycle; it is... Read full blog post.
The concentration calculator allows you to quickly calculate the volume, mass or concentration of your vial. Simply enter your mass, volume, or concentration values for your reagent and the calculator will determine the rest.
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY: Update Regarding the Evolving COVID-19 Situation
Bio-Techne appreciates the critical role that you and our products and services play in research efforts to further scientific innovation and discovery. We are continually assessing our manufacturing and supplier capabilities during the COVID-19 situation and are implementing precautionary measures to ensure uninterrupted supply of products and services. Currently, and as we abide by local shelter in place orders across the world, we are fully operational and do not anticipate any material supply disruptions across our Bio-Techne brands and product lines. As the situation evolves, our goal is to utilize preventive measures to reduce the threat that COVID-19 poses to our ability to meet the needs of our customers globally.