Publications for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NB600-778) (0)
There are no publications for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NB600-778).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NB600-778) (0)
There are no reviews for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NB600-778).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NB600-778). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
I am looking for an ovine antibody for bFGF and PDGF-AB and ELISA Kits for both. It is for a research work on meniscus healing in sheep. Do you have anything suitable? How is the homology with sheep? Is it ever tested and/or published in papers?
- Unfortunately, most of the products you are interested in have not yet been tested in sheep, but this should not be a problem, due to sequence homology, and our Innovators Reward Program. In terms of an antibody for bFGF, also called FGF-2, we have two antibodies that are validated to detect the bovine protein, which is almost identical to that from sheep (99% homology). Here is a link to those FGF-2 antibodies. We only have FGF2 ELISA kits that have been tested with human or mouse. Mouse FGF-2 has 94% homology with sheep; human has 98% homology for most of its sequence, but also has an additional stretch of amino acids that is not present in the sheep protein. I therefore think that the mouse kit would be most suitable, just in case the human kit targets the region of the human protein not present in mouse. We sell antibodies to PDGF-A or PDGF-B rather than PDGF-AB. We don't have any PDGF-A antibodies that have been tested in sheep but there are several options you may find of interest. There isn't a sheep PDGFA sequence in UniProt, so I can't comment on how similar it is to the PDGFA from other species. Nevertheless, our NBP1-52533 PDGFB antibody has been shown to work in sheep. We sell two PDGF-AB ELISA kits, but these are for human and rat. I'm not sure how well these would work with sheep. Note that if you test a product with a species (or application) that it has not yet been validated in, you are eligible for our Innovator's Reward: Novus would provide you a 50% refund on the purchased product as well as a 50% discount on a future product of equal or lesser value. You would email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for your award, and we
Additional FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (MC-GF1) Products
Related Products by Gene
BASIC FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR
, NERVE GROWTH FACTOR
Bioinformatics Tool for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NB600-778)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NB600-778). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on FGF basic/FGF2