S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Antibody (1099F) [Unconjugated] Summary
Recombinant Monoclonal Antibody.
E. coli-derived recombinant human S100A8/S100A9 heterodimer
Met1-Glu93 (S100A8) & Thr2-Pro114 (S100A9)
Accession # P05109 (S100A8) and P06702 (S100A9)
Detects human S100A8/S100A9 in direct ELISAs. In ELISAs, it detects recombinant human S100A8/S100A9 heterodimer but it does not detect recombinant human S100A8 or S100A9 monomers.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Immunohistochemistry 10-25 ug/mL
- Dual RNAscope ISH-IHC 5-25 ug/mL
- Immunocytochemistry 3-25 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
* Contains <0.1% Sodium Azide, which is not hazardous at this
concentration according to GHS classifications. Refer to SDS for additional
information and handling instructions.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Antibody (1099F) [Unconjugated]
- S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer
S100A8 (also known as MRP8, Calgranulin A, and CP-10) and S100A9 (also known as MRP14 and Calgranulin B) are pro-inflammatory members of the S100 family of secreted calcium binding proteins (1, 2). They are up-regulated in neutrophils and monocytes at sites of inflammation (e.g.
psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiac ischemia) and are present at elevated concentrations in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid (3-5). The 10 kDa human S100A8 and 14 kDa S100A9 each contain two EF‑hand calcium binding motifs. Human S100A8 shares 57% and 61% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with mouse and rat S100A8, respectively. Human S100A9 shares 57% and 62% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat S100A9, respectively (6, 7). In the presence of calcium or zinc, S100A8 and S100A9 associate into non-covalent homodimers and 34-35 kDa heterodimers with each other (8-10). The heterodimer additionally binds and sequesters manganese, thereby restricting the growth of Mn-dependent bacteria (11). The S100A8/A9 heterodimer exhibits functions beyond those performed by the individual proteins. These include binding to fatty acids such as arachidonic acid and promoting astrocyte proliferation (3, 12). S100A8, S100A9, and the heterodimer each promote neutrophil infiltration into sites of inflammation and inflammatory cytokine production by monocytes (4, 5, 9).
- Averill, M.M. et al. (2012) Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 32:223.
- Vogl, T. et al. (2012) Int. J. Mol. Sci. 13:2893.
- Siegenthaler, G. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:9371.
- Sunahori, K. et al. (2006) Arthritis Res. Ther. 8:R69.
- Volz, H.C. et al. (2012) Basic Res. Cardiol. 107:250.
- Odink, K. et al. (1987) Nature 330:80.
- Dorin, J.R. et al. (1987) Nature 326:614.
- Teigelkamp, S. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:13462.
- Ryckman, C. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 170:3233.
- Vogl, T. et al. (2006) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1763:1298.
- Damo, S.M. et al. (2013) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 110:3841.
- Ryu, M-J. et al. (2012) J. Biol. Chem. 287:22948.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Publications for S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Antibody (MAB45701) (0)
There are no publications for S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Antibody (MAB45701).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Antibody (MAB45701) (0)
There are no reviews for S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Antibody (MAB45701).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
FAQs for S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Antibody (MAB45701) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer Products
Blogs on S100A8/S100A9 Heterodimer