Mouse FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF DuoSet ELISA, 5 Plate Summary
No significant interference observed with available related molecules.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Mouse FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF DuoSet ELISA, 5 Plate
- basic fibroblast growth factor bFGF
- Basic fibroblast growth factor
- FGF basic
- fibroblast growth factor 2 (basic)
- heparin-binding growth factor 2
FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF is a growth factor that functions in angiogenesis, wound healing, tissue repair, learning and memory, and the morphogenesis of heart, bone, and brain. It is upregulated in response to inflammatory stimuli and in many tumors. FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF binds to FGFR1c and 2c. Its bioactivity is modulated by a number of other binding partners including heparin, Integrin alpha V beta 3, soluble FGFR1, FGF-BP, free gangliosides, Thrombospondin, Pentraxin 3/TSG-14, Fibrinogen, alpha 2-Macroglobulin, PDGF, and CXCL4/PF4. These molecules act as cellular coreceptors or adhesion partners, extracellular matrix decoys or reservoirs, and soluble scavengers or chaperones. In particular, the interaction of FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF with cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPG) is required for the binding and activation of FGF receptors.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ch, Eq, Gp, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Publications for FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF (DY3139-05) (0)
There are no publications for FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF (DY3139-05).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF (DY3139-05) (0)
There are no reviews for FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF (DY3139-05).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF (DY3139-05). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
I am looking for an ovine antibody for bFGF and PDGF-AB and ELISA Kits for both. It is for a research work on meniscus healing in sheep. Do you have anything suitable? How is the homology with sheep? Is it ever tested and/or published in papers?
- Unfortunately, most of the products you are interested in have not yet been tested in sheep, but this should not be a problem, due to sequence homology, and our Innovators Reward Program. In terms of an antibody for bFGF, also called FGF-2, we have two antibodies that are validated to detect the bovine protein, which is almost identical to that from sheep (99% homology). Here is a link to those FGF-2 antibodies. We only have FGF2 ELISA kits that have been tested with human or mouse. Mouse FGF-2 has 94% homology with sheep; human has 98% homology for most of its sequence, but also has an additional stretch of amino acids that is not present in the sheep protein. I therefore think that the mouse kit would be most suitable, just in case the human kit targets the region of the human protein not present in mouse. We sell antibodies to PDGF-A or PDGF-B rather than PDGF-AB. We don't have any PDGF-A antibodies that have been tested in sheep but there are several options you may find of interest. There isn't a sheep PDGFA sequence in UniProt, so I can't comment on how similar it is to the PDGFA from other species. Nevertheless, our NBP1-52533 PDGFB antibody has been shown to work in sheep. We sell two PDGF-AB ELISA kits, but these are for human and rat. I'm not sure how well these would work with sheep. Note that if you test a product with a species (or application) that it has not yet been validated in, you are eligible for our Innovator's Reward: Novus would provide you a 50% refund on the purchased product as well as a 50% discount on a future product of equal or lesser value. You would email email@example.com to apply for your award, and we
wondering what the difference is between your quantikine and duo set elisas?
- Usually the duosets do not have the entire kit such as plates and buffers, whereas the other kits are complete.
Other Available Formats
Additional FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF Products
Bioinformatics Tool for FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF (DY3139-05)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF (DY3139-05). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on FGF basic/FGF2/bFGF