KGF/FGF-7 Antibody Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human KGF/FGF‑7
Accession # Q6FGV5
Detects human KGF/FGF‑7 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs, approximately 50% cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse FGF-7 is observed, less than 20% cross-reactivity with recombinant human (rh) FGF-9 is observed, and less than 10% cross‑reactivity with rhFGF-4 and rhFGF-9 is observed.
Immunogen affinity purified
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 0.1 ug/mL
- Immunohistochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
- Neutralization 6-12 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Immunogen affinity purified
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for KGF/FGF-7 Antibody
- fibroblast growth factor 7HBGF-7
- Heparin-binding growth factor 7
- keratinocyte growth factor
- KGFfibroblast growth factor 7 (keratinocyte growth factor)
KGF (keratinocyte growth factor), also known as FGF-7 (fibroblast growth factor-7), is one of 22 known members of the mouse FGF family of secreted proteins that plays a key role in development, morphogenesis, angiogenesis, wound healing, and tumorigenesis (1‑4). KGF expression is restricted to cells of mesenchymal origin. When secreted, it acts as a paracrine growth factor for nearby epithelial cells (1). KGF speeds wound healing by being dramatically upregulated in response to damage to skin or internal structures that results in high local concentrations of inflammatory mediators such as IL-1 and TNF-alpha. (2, 5). KGF promotes cell migration and invasion, and mediates melanocyte transfer to keratinocytes upon UVB radiation (6, 7). It has been used ectopically to avoid chemotherapy-induced oral mucositis in patients with hematological malignancies (1). Deletion of KGF affects kidney development, producing abnormally small ureteric buds and fewer nephrons (8). It also impedes hair follicle differentiation (9). The 194 amino acid (aa) KGF precursor contains a 31 aa signal sequence and, like all other FGFs, an ~120 aa beta -trefoil scaffold that includes receptor- and heparin-binding sites. KGF signals only through the IIIb splice form of the tyrosine kinase receptor, FGF R2 (FGF R2-IIIb/KGF R) (10). Receptor dimerization requires an octameric or larger heparin or heparin sulfate proteoglycan (11). FGF-10, also called KGF2, shares 51% aa identity and similar function to KGF, but shows more limited expression than KGF and uses an additional receptor, FGF R2-IIIc (12). Following receptor engagement, KGF is typically degraded, while FGF-10 is recycled (12). Mature human KGF, which is active across species, shares 98% aa sequence identity with bovine, equine, ovine and canine, 96% with mouse and porcine, and 92% with rat KGF, respectively.
- Finch, P.W. and J.S. Rubin (2006) J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 98:812.
- Werner, S. et al. (2007) J. Invest. Dermatol. 127:998.
- Werner, S. (1998) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 9:153.
- Mason, I.J. et al. (1994) Mech. Dev. 45:15.
- Geer, D.J. et al. (2005) Am. J. Pathol. 167:1575.
- Niu, J. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:6001.
- Cardinali, G. et al. (2005) J. Invest. Dermatol. 125:1190.
- Qiao, J. et al. (1999) Development 126:547.
- Guo, L. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10:165.
- de Georgi, V. et al. (2007) Dermatol. Clin. 25:477.
- Hsu, Y-R. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38:2523.
- Belleudi, F. et al. (2007) Traffic 8:1854.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, IHC, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC, KO
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for KGF/FGF-7 Antibody (AF-251-NA) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional KGF/FGF-7 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for KGF/FGF-7 Antibody (AF-251-NA)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to KGF/FGF-7 Antibody (AF-251-NA). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on KGF/FGF-7