IL-4 Antibody (911128) [Unconjugated] Summary
Chinese Hamster Ovary cell line, CHO-derived human IL-4
Accession # P05112
Detects human IL-4 in direct ELISAs.
Protein A or G purified from hybridoma culture supernatant
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-4 Antibody (911128) [Unconjugated]
- B cell growth factor 1
- B-cell stimulatory factor 1
- IL-4B_cell stimulatory factor 1
- interleukin 4
- Lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1
Interleukin-4 (IL-4), also known as B cell-stimulatory factor-1, is a monomeric, approximately 13 kDa ‑ 18 kDa Th2 cytokine that shows pleiotropic effects during immune responses (1 ‑ 3). It is a glycosylated polypeptide that contains three intrachain disulfide bridges and adopts a bundled four alpha -helix structure (4). Human IL-4 is synthesized with a 24 aa signal sequence. Alternate splicing generates an isoform with a 16 aa internal deletion. Mature human IL-4 shares 55%, 39% and 43% aa sequence identity with bovine, mouse, and rat IL-4, respectively. Human, mouse, and rat IL-4 are species-specific in their activities (5 - 7). IL-4 exerts its effects through two receptor complexes (8, 9). The type I receptor, which is expressed on hematopoietic cells, is a heterodimer of the ligand binding IL-4 R alpha and the common gamma chain (a shared subunit of the receptors for IL-2, -7, -9, -15, and ‑21). The type II receptor on nonhematopoietic cells consists of IL-4 R alpha and IL-13 R alpha 1. The type II receptor also transduces IL-13 mediated signals. IL-4 is primarily expressed by Th2-biased CD4+ T cells, mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils (1, 2). It promotes cell proliferation, survival, and immunoglobulin class switch to IgG4 and IgE in human B cells, acquisition of the Th2 phenotype by naïve CD4+ T cells, priming and chemotaxis of mast cells, eosinophils, and basophils, and the proliferation and activation of epithelial cells (10 ‑ 13). IL-4 plays a dominant role in the development of allergic inflammation and asthma (12, 14).
- Benczik, M. and S.L. Gaffen (2004) Immunol. Invest. 33:109.
- Chomarat, P. and J. Banchereau (1998) Int. Rev. Immunol. 17:1.
- Yokota, T. et al. (1986) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 83:5894.
- Redfield, C. et al. (1991) Biochemistry 30:11029.
- Ramirez, F. et al. (1988) J. Immunol. Meth. 221:141.
- Leitenberg, D. and T.L. Feldbush (1988) Cell. Immunol. 111:451.
- Mosman, T.R. et al. (1987) J. Immunol. 138:1813.
- Mueller, T.D. et al. (2002) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1592:237.
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 17:701.
- Paludan, S.R. (1998) Scand. J. Immunol. 48:459.
- Corthay, A. (2006) Scand. J. Immunol. 64:93.
- Ryan, J.J. et al. (2007) Crit. Rev. Immunol. 27:15.
- Grone, A. (2002) Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 88:1.
- Rosenberg, H.F. et al. (2007) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 119:1303.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Single-Cell Western
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for IL-4 Antibody (MAB2042) (0)
There are no publications for IL-4 Antibody (MAB2042).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-4 Antibody (MAB2042) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-4 Antibody (MAB2042).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-4 Antibody (MAB2042) (0)