DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant human DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA‑2
Accession # Q8WTT0
Detects human DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA‑2 in direct ELISAs and Western blots.
|Details of Functionality
ActivityAssaywCitation not found None None None
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 0.1 ug/mL
- Flow Cytometry 2.5 ug/10^6 cells
- Immunohistochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- blood dendritic cell antigen 2 protein
- Blood dendritic cell antigen 2
- CD303 antigen
- C-type (calcium dependent, carbohydrate-recognition domain) lectin, superfamilymember 11
- C-type (calcium dependent, carbohydrate-recognition domain) lectin, superfamilymember 7
- C-type lectin domain family 4 member C
- C-type lectin superfamily member 7
- dendritic cell lectin b
- Dendritic lectin
Dendritic cell lectin (DLEC), also known as BDCA-2, CD303, HECL, and CLEC4C/CLECSF11/CLECSF7, is a 38 kDa type II transmembrane protein in the C-type lectin family (1). Mature human DLEC consists of a 21 amino acid (aa) cytoplasmic domain, a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and a 169 aa extracellular domain (ECD) that contains a juxtamembrane neck region and one carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) (2, 3). Alternate splicing may generate multiple isoforms that lack the transmembrane segment and/or portions of the cytoplasmic, neck, and CRD regions (2-4). An ortholog of human DLEC has not been described in mouse or rat. DLEC expression is restricted to plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC) and is downregulated during their maturation (2, 3, 5). pDC play a role in the innate immune response by producing IFN-alpha / beta following exposure to TLR7 and TLR9 agonists such as microbial CpG DNA (3, 5-8). Antibody ligation of DLEC on pDC attenuates the CpG-stimulated production of interferons as well as a Th1 biased response (3, 5-9). DLEC interactions with HIV-1 gp120 and hepatitis B virus soluble antigen may therefore limit the pDC antiviral response (10, 11). Similar to other C-type lectins, DLEC can mediate antigen uptake for MHC loading and presentation to T cells (3, 12). Crosslinking of DLEC on CpG-stimulated pDC inhibits pDC maturation and induces tyrosine phosphorylation on multiple proteins involved in B cell receptor signaling and endocytosis (5, 7, 8). These functions require the association of DLEC with the ITAM-containing Fc epsilon RI gamma chain (7, 8).
- Kanazawa, N. et al. (2004) Immunobiology 209:179.
- Arce, I. et al. (2001) Eur. J. Immunol. 31:2733.
- Dzionek, A. et al. (2001) J. Exp. Med. 194:1823.
- Fernandes, M.J. et al. (2000) Genomics 69:263.
- Wu, P. et al. (2008) Clin. Immunol. 129:40.
- Fanning, S.L. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 177:5829.
- Rock, J. et al. (2007) Eur. J. Immunol. 37:3564.
- Cao, W. et al. (2007) PloS Biol. 5:e248.
- Riboldi, E. et al. (2009) Immunobiology 214:868.
- Martinelli, E. et al. (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:3396.
- Xu, Y. et al. (2009) Mol. Immunol. 46:2640.
- Jaehn, P.S. et al. (2008) Eur. J. Immunol. 38:1822.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Eq
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Eq, Mk, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Flow-IC, IF
Applications: WB, Flow, AdBlk, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Species: Hu, Rt, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, PAGE, Flow-CS
Species: Hu, Mu, Ca, Fe, Sh
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2 Antibody (AF1376) (0)
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2 Antibody (AF1376)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2 Antibody (AF1376). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2 Antibody (AF1376)
Learn more about PTMs related to DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2 Antibody (AF1376).
Blogs on DLEC/CLEC4C/BDCA-2