Human CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (Colorimetric) Summary
The assay detects both natural and recombinant human IL-8/NAP-1. The interference of circulating factors of the immune system with high homology to IL-8/NAP-1 was evaluated by spiking these proteins at physiologically relevant concentrations (up to 1000 pg/ml) into a human IL-8/NAP-1 positive serum. There was no crossreactivity detected with connective tissue activating peptide 3, platelet factor 4 and neutrophil activating peptide 2 as well as IL-6, IL-2R, rhTNF beta and CD8.
|Standard Curve Range
15.6 - 1,000 pg/ml
The amount of endogenous human IL-8/NAP-1 in unspiked serum was subtracted from the spike values.
The recovery ranged from 72% to 125% with an overall mean recovery of 88%.
ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
This kit is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for quantitative detection.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Storage of components varies. See protocol for specific instructions.
- Substrate Solution (tetramethyl-benzidine)
- Wash Buffer Concentrate 20x (phosphate-buffered saline with 1% Tween 20)
- Sample Diluent (Use when an external predilution of the samples is needed)
- Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid)
- Aluminium pouch(es) with a Microwell Plate coated with monoclonal antibody to human IL-8/NAP-1, Biotin-Conjugate (anti-human IL-8/NAP-1 polyclonal antibody), Streptavidin-HRP and Sample Diluent, lyophilized
- Aluminium pouch(es) with a human IL-8/NAP-1 Standard curve (coloured)
- Adhesive Films
Alternate Names for Human CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
- C-X-C motif chemokine 8
- interleukin 8
- member 8
- Neutrophil-activating protein 1
- Protein 3-10C
- T cell chemotactic factor
- T-cell chemotactic factor
Interleukin-8 selectively stimulates the ability of neutrophils and T-lymphocytes to invade injured or inflamed tissue. IL-8 also known as CXCL8 that is purified from peripheral blood monocytes is a 10 kDa protein showing at least 4 variant forms (77, 72, 70, and 69 amino acids, respectively) which differ in the length of the N-terminal and readily form dimers in solution. Two cystin-bridges are essential for the biological activity of IL-8. Exogenous stimuli like LPS, but also IL-1, TNF-alpha and TNF-beta induce the secretion of IL-8 in a variety of different cell types including monocytes, endothelial and epithelial cells, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, dermal fibroblasts, keratinocytes, neutrophils, hepatocytes, synovial cells, and T-lymphocytes. The activities of IL-8 are not species-specific. Human IL-8 is also active in rodent and rabbit cells and differs from all other cytokines in its ability to specifically activate neutrophil granulocytes. This chemokine activates multiple intracellular signaling pathways downstream of two cell-surface, G protein-coupled receptors (CXCR1 and CXCR2). The property of IL-8 to stimulate movement of neutrophils across endothelial monolayers in vitro supports the concept of a central role for this molecule in the accumulation of neutrophils at inflammatory lesions in vivo.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. ELISA Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Ch, Xp
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ChIP, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Mk
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Ca
Applications: WB, B/N, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, Flow-CS
Publications for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743) (0)
There are no publications for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743) (0)
There are no reviews for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
Can I purchase reagents of this kit separately?
- Unfortunately, we can only offer the kit as sold. We are unable to offer any of the antibodies or reagents separately. Your best option (if you are looking to use the same capture antibody for your assay) may be to purchase all reagents separately and build your own kit. If you need assistance with putting this together, feel free to let us know.
Additional CXCL8/IL-8 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CXCL8/IL-8