CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit Summary
|Standard Curve Range
15.6 - 1,000 pg/ml
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Storage of components varies. See protocol for specific instructions.
The human IL-8 ELISA is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of human IL-8
- Aluminium pouch(es) with a Microwell Plate coated with monoclonal antibody to human IL-8/NAP-1
- Biotin-Conjugate anti-human IL-8/NAP-1 polyclonal antibody
- Human IL-8/NAP-1 Standard, 100 ng/mL
- Control high, lyophilized
- Control low, lyophilized
- Sample Diluent
- Assay Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween 20 and 10% BSA)
- Wash Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween 20)
- Substrate Solution (tetramethyl-benzidine)
- Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid)
- Adhesive Films
Colored dyes for optional use with this kit are available and will be provided free of charge upon request. Please refer to catalog number NBP2-41404.
Alternate Names for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit
- C-X-C motif chemokine 8
- interleukin 8
- member 8
- Neutrophil-activating protein 1
- Protein 3-10C
- T cell chemotactic factor
- T-cell chemotactic factor
Interleukin-8 selectively stimulates the ability of neutrophils and T-lymphocytes to invade injured or inflamed tissue. IL-8 also known as CXCL8 that is purified from peripheral blood monocytes is a 10 kDa protein showing at least 4 variant forms (77, 72, 70, and 69 amino acids, respectively) which differ in the length of the N-terminal and readily form dimers in solution. Two cystin-bridges are essential for the biological activity of IL-8. Exogenous stimuli like LPS, but also IL-1, TNF-alpha and TNF-beta induce the secretion of IL-8 in a variety of different cell types including monocytes, endothelial and epithelial cells, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, dermal fibroblasts, keratinocytes, neutrophils, hepatocytes, synovial cells, and T-lymphocytes. The activities of IL-8 are not species-specific. Human IL-8 is also active in rodent and rabbit cells and differs from all other cytokines in its ability to specifically activate neutrophil granulocytes. This chemokine activates multiple intracellular signaling pathways downstream of two cell-surface, G protein-coupled receptors (CXCR1 and CXCR2). The property of IL-8 to stimulate movement of neutrophils across endothelial monolayers in vitro supports the concept of a central role for this molecule in the accumulation of neutrophils at inflammatory lesions in vivo.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. ELISA Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Ch, Xp
Species: Hu, Rt, Ca, Mk
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: Flow, ICC
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western
Species: Hu, Ca
Applications: B/N, Flow, ICC/IF, IP, In vitro, Flow-CS, Flow-IC
Publications for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743) (0)
There are no publications for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743) (0)
There are no reviews for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
Can I purchase reagents of this kit separately?
- Unfortunately, we can only offer the kit as sold. We are unable to offer any of the antibodies or reagents separately. Your best option (if you are looking to use the same capture antibody for your assay) may be to purchase all reagents separately and build your own kit. If you need assistance with putting this together, feel free to let us know.
Additional CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit Products
Related Products by Gene
, TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR ALPHA
Bioinformatics Tool for CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Kit (NBP1-83743). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CXCL8/IL-8