SMC1 Antibody (5B6) Summary
Purified recombinant fragment of human SMC1 expressed in E. Coli.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:200-1:1000
- ELISA 1:10000
- Flow Cytometry 1:10-1:1000
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:200-1:1000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:200-1:1000
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.05% Sodium Azide
Alternate Names for SMC1 Antibody (5B6)
- DXS423ESMC1 structural maintenance of chromosomes 1-like 1 (yeast)
- segregation of mitotic chromosomes 1
- SMC protein 1A
- SMC1 (structural maintenance of chromosomes 1, yeast)-like 1
- SMC1 structural maintenance of chromosomes 1-like 1
- structural maintenance of chromosomes 1A
- structural maintenance of chromosomes protein 1A
SMC1L1/SMC1 (structural maintenance of chromosome 1-like 1 (yeast)) is a 145-160 kD heterodimeric protein that is a member of the SMC family. This nuclear protein dissociates from chromosomes before mitosis but remains associated with kinetochore during mitosis. SMC1L1/SMC1 is located on the X-chromosome and is involved in mitotic chromosome dynamics. The SMC family includes SMC3, SMC1L1, and SMC1L2 which form part of the cohesion multiprotein complex. This protein can also form heterodimers consisting of SMC1L1/SMC3 or SMCL2/SMC3 and may also be involved in DNA repair. SMC1L1/SMC1 is phosphorylated by ATM after DNA damage; phosphorylation is also required for sister chromatid cohesion and correct segregation of chromosomes during cell division. SMC1L1/SMC1 associates with BRCA1, and SYCP2, and interacts directly with SMC3 in the cohesion complex (linked by RAD21 complexed to one STAG protein). The Poly6096 antibody recognizes the N-terminal region of human and mouse SMC1L1/SMC1 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting and immunofluorescence staining. BRCA1, SYCP2, interacts directly with SMC3 in the cohesion complex (linked by RAD21 complexed to one STAG protein)
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC-P, IP, PLA
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Ha, Ma, Pm
Applications: WB, ChIP, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, KO
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IF
Applications: WB, Flow, IP, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, PLA
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ye, Xp(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Func, ICC/IF, IP
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ch, Ha
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ChIP, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IP, PLA
Species: Hu, Xp
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Species: Hu, Xp
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, PLA
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for SMC1 Antibody (NBP1-51596) (0)
There are no publications for SMC1 Antibody (NBP1-51596).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for SMC1 Antibody (NBP1-51596) (0)
There are no reviews for SMC1 Antibody (NBP1-51596).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for SMC1 Antibody (NBP1-51596). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
I would like to use one of your anti-smc1 antibodies to detect smc1 in an invertebrate. Your different antibodies are raised against different peptides derived from different regions possibly well-conserved, but not completely, in the organism that interests me (Schistosoma mansoni). Would it be possible to know the sequence of the different peptides that was used to generate the different antibodies, or failing that, could you analyze the corresponding sequence in my species of interest in order to determine whether or not it corresponds to one of the different peptides?
- My suggestion to you would be to look at the homology between the protein expressed in your species and the protein expressed in the reactive species of the antibodies. A homology of >90% is a great start, >80% is acceptable. Please view our list of smc1 antibodies we currently offer and there are 27 products.
My sequence of interest have >80% homology with the N-term and the C-term parts of human smc1. Your antibodies NB100-78322 and NB100-204 recognized the N-term and C-term of human smc1 respectively, therefore it’s possible that the cross reactivity can happen. I would be very interested to test these antibodies (NB100-78322 and NB100-204). Can you provide me free sample (few ul) to do western blot. I will share the testing result with you.
- We do not provide free samples for testing. If you are interested in testing these antibodies in an unlisted species or application, you would qualify for the Innovator's Rewards program. The way the program works is that you would purchase the antibody of interest, perform your testing using appropriate controls and then share your data with us. Upon review of your data we would issue you a voucher for a free antibody. You can find more details here.
Additional SMC1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for SMC1 Antibody (NBP1-51596)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SMC1 Antibody (NBP1-51596). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on SMC1