NKp46/NCR1 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant mouse NKp46/NCR1
Accession # Q8C567
Detects mouse NKp46/NCR1 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs, less than 15% cross-reactivity with recombinant human (rh) NKp46 is observed.
|Details of Functionality
ActivityAssaywCitation not found None None None None
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 0.1 ug/mL
- Flow Cytometry 2.5 ug/10^6 cells
- Immunohistochemistry 3-15 ug/mL
- Agonist Activity 0.4-2.4 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for NKp46/NCR1 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- CD335 antigen
- LY94lymphocyte antigen 94 homolog (activating NK-receptor; NK-p46)
- Lymphocyte antigen 94 homolog
- natural cytotoxicity triggering receptor 1
- Natural killer cell p46-related protein
- NK cell-activating receptor
- NK-p46lymphocyte antigen 94 (mouse) homolog (activating NK-receptor; NK-p46)
NKp46, along with NKp30 and NKp44, are activating receptors that have been collectively termed the natural cytotoxicity receptors (NCR) (1). These receptors are expressed almost exclusively by NK cells and play a major role in triggering some of the key lytic activities of NK cells. In human systems, the CD56dimCD16+ subpopulation that makes up the majority of NK cells in the peripheral blood and spleen expresses NKp46 in both resting and activated states (2). The main NK cell population of the lymph node (CD56brightCD16-) expresses low levels of NKp46 in resting cells, but expression is upregulated by IL-2. Mouse NKp46, also known as MAR-1 (3), is a type I transmembrane protein with two extracellular Ig-like domains. It has a positive charge in its transmembrane domain that permits association with the ITAM-bearing signal adapter proteins, CD3 zeta and Fc epsilon RI gamma (4). Studies with neutralizing antibodies indicate that the three NCR are primarily responsible for triggering the NK-mediated lysis of many human tumor cell lines. Blocking any of the NCRs individually resulted in partial inhibition of tumor cell lysis, but nearly complete inhibition of lysis was observed if all three receptors were blocked simultaneously (5). NKp46 has also been implicated in recognition of virus-infected cells through its capacity to bind to viral hemagglutinins (6-8).
- Moretta, L. and A. Moretta (2004) EMBO J. 23:255.
- Ferlazzo, G. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:1455.
- Biassoni, R. et al. (1999) Eur. J. Immunol. 29:1014.
- Westgaard, I. et al. (2004) J. Leukoc. Biol. PMID 15356098.
- Pende, D. et al. (1999) J. Exp. Med. 190:1505.
- Arnon, T. et al. (2004) Blood 103:664.
- Arnon, T. et al. (2001) Eur. J. Immunol. 31:2680.
- Mandelboim, O. et al. (2001) Nature 409:1055.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, Flow, CostimT, CyTOF-ready, Neut
Species: Hu, Rt, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, PAGE, Flow-CS
Applications: Flow, Block, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IF
Applications: Flow, CyTOF-ready
Applications: Flow, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Eq, GP, Rb
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, Func
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for NKp46/NCR1 Antibody (AF2225) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional NKp46/NCR1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for NKp46/NCR1 Antibody (AF2225)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to NKp46/NCR1 Antibody (AF2225). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on NKp46/NCR1