Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Antibody (950317) [Alexa Fluor® 647] Summary
Chinese hamster ovary cell line CHO-derived recombinant human ELA2
Accession # P08246
Detects human ELA2 in direct ELISAs and Western blots.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Intracellular Staining by Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Supplied in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Antibody (950317) [Alexa Fluor® 647]
- Bone marrow serine protease
- EC 3.4.21
- EC 18.104.22.168
- ELA2granulocyte-derived elastase
- elastase 2, neutrophil
- elastase, neutrophil expressed
- Human leukocyte elastase
- Leukocyte Elastase
- Neutrophil Elastase
- PMN elastase
- polymorphonuclear elastase
Neutrophil Elastase (ELA2, ELANE), also known as HNE, is a chymotrypsin family serine protease that plays a key role in pathogen clearance (1-3). It is expressed by promyelocytes and stored in the intracellular azurophilic granules of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN) (4). These granules fuse with phagosomes, enabling Neutrophil Elastase to participate in the digestion and killing of endocytosed microbes. The enzyme is released by activated neutrophils at sites of inflammation, and it can remain associated with the cell surface or function as a component of neutrophil extracellular nets (NETs) which trap and kill microbial pathogens (5, 6). It also can degrade multiple extracellular matrix proteins including Elastin and Fibronectin (5). In the lung, this activity contributes to pathology in emphysema, cystic fibrosis, and adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) (1). Neutrophil Elastase can be inhibited by Serpin A1/alpha 1-Antitrypsin, SLPI, Serpin B1, and
Trappin-2/Elafin (7-11). Its activity in the lung is increased by exposure to tobacco smoke which inactivates Serpin A1 through methionine oxidation (12). Mature human Neutrophil Elastase shares 73% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat Neutrophil Elastase (13, 14). Multiple mutations in the human ELANE gene are causative of severe congenital and cyclic neutropenias (15).
- Korkmaz, B. et al. (2010) Pharmacol. Rev. 62:726.
- Stein, R.L. et al. (1987) Biochemistry 26:1301.
- Bachovchin, W.W. (1986) Biochemistry 25:7751.
- Garwicz, D. et al. (2005) Haematologica 90:38.
- Owen, C.A. et al. (1995) J. Cell Biol. 131:775.
- Stephan, A. and M. Fabri (2015) Exp. Dermatol. 24:161.
- Carrell, R.W. et al. (1982) Nature 298:329.
- Rice, W.G. and S.J. Weiss (1990) Science 249:178.
- Thompson, R.C. et al. (1986) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83:6692.
- Cooley, J. et al. (2001) Biochemistry 40:15762.
- Wiedow, O. et al. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265:14791.
- Taggart, C. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:27258.
- Sinha, S. et al. (1987) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 84:2228.
- Okano, K. et al. (1987) J. Biochem. 102:13.
- Makaryan, V. et al. (2015) Curr. Opin. Hematol. 22:3.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC
Species: Hu, Po, Ca, Fe, Gt, GP, Rb, Sh
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Po, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Sh
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, PEP-ELISA
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, PEP-ELISA
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Rb, Xp, Ze
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Dr, I, Ma
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC, IHC-FrFl, IHC-WhMt
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Antibody (IC91671R) (0)
There are no publications for Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Antibody (IC91671R).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Antibody (IC91671R) (0)
There are no reviews for Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Antibody (IC91671R).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
FAQs for Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Antibody (IC91671R) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2 Products
Blogs on Neutrophil Elastase/ELA2