MIF Antibody (932603) [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human MIF
Accession # P14174
Detects human MIF in direct ELISA and Western Blots.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for MIF Antibody (932603) [Unconjugated]
- EC 188.8.131.52
- EC 184.108.40.206
- GIFmacrophage migration inhibitory factor
- Glycosylation-inhibiting factor
- L-dopachrome isomerase
- L-dopachrome tautomerase
- macrophage migration inhibitory factor (glycosylation-inhibiting factor)
- Phenylpyruvate tautomerase
MIF (or macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor) was the first lymphokine/cytokine to be recognized in the pregenomics era (1, 2). Regardless, it is one of the least understood of all inflammatory mediators (1, 3). Human MIF is a 12.5 kDa, 115 amino acid (aa) nonglycosylated polypeptide that is synthesized without a signal sequence (4-7). Secretion occurs nonclassically via an ABCA1 transporter (8). The initiating Met is removed, leaving Pro as the first amino acid. The molecule consists of two alpha -helices and six beta -strands, four of which form a beta -sheet. The two remaining beta -strands interact with other MIF molecules, creating a trimer (2, 9, 10). Structure-function studies suggest MIF is bifunctional with segregated topology. The N- and C-termini mediate enzyme activity (in theory). Phenylpyruvate tautomerase activity (enol-to-keto) has been demonstrated and is dependent upon Pro at position #1 (11). Amino acids 50-65 have also been suggested to contain thiol-protein oxidoreductase activity (12). MIF has proinflammatory cytokine activity centered around aa’s 49-65. On fibroblasts, MIF induces, IL-1, IL-8, and MMP expression; on macrophages, MIF stimulates NO production and TNF-alpha release following IFN-gamma activation (13, 14). MIF apparently acts through CD74 and CD44, likely in some form of trimeric interaction (15, 16). Human MIF is active on mouse cells (14). Human MIF is 90%, 94%, 95%, and 90% aa identical to mouse, bovine, porcine, and rat MIF, respectively.
- Norand, E.F. and M. Leech (2005) Front. Biosci. 10:12.
- Donn, R.P. and D.W. Ray (2004) J. Endocrinol. 182:1.
- Calandra, T. and T. Roger (2003) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:791.
- Kozak, C.A. et al. (1995) Genomics 27:405.
- Weiser, W.Y. et al. (1989) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86:7522.
- Paralkar, V. and G. Wistow (1994) Genomics 19:48.
- Wistow, G.J. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90:1272.
- Flieger, O. et al. (2003) FEBS Lett. 551:78.
- Philo, J.S. et al. (2004) Biophys. Chem. 108:77.
- Sun, H-W. et al. (1996) Protein Eng. 9:631.
- Stamps, S.L. et. al. (2000) Biochemistry 39:9671.
- Nguyen, M.T. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:33654.
- Sato, A. et al. (2003) Dev. Comp. Immunol. 27:401.
- Bernhagen, J. et al. (1994) Biochemistry 33:14144.
- Leng, L. et al. (2003) J. Exp. Med. 197:1467.
- Meyer-Siegler, K.L. and P.L. Vera (2005) J. Urol. 173:615.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu(-)
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, Simple Western, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Po, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Sh
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, PEP-ELISA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ChIP, DB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, B/N, CyTOF-ready, Dual ISH-IHC, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC, KD, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ye, Xp(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Publications for MIF Antibody (MAB2893) (0)
There are no publications for MIF Antibody (MAB2893).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for MIF Antibody (MAB2893) (0)
There are no reviews for MIF Antibody (MAB2893).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for MIF Antibody (MAB2893) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional MIF Products
Bioinformatics Tool for MIF Antibody (MAB2893)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to MIF Antibody (MAB2893). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on MIF