Klotho Overexpression Lysate (Native) Summary
The lysate was created in HEK293T cells, using plasmid ID RC224132 and based on accession number NM_004795. The protein contains a C-terminal DDK tag.
Homo sapiens klotho (KL), mRNA.
This product is intended for use as a positive control in Western Blot. You will receive the lysate (100ug), and an empty vector negative control (100 ug).
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Lysate Details for Array
HEK293T cells in 10-cm dishes were transiently transfected with a non-lipid polymer transfection reagent specially designed and manufactured for large volume DNA transfection. Transfected cells were cultured for 48hrs before collection. The cells were lysed in modified RIPA buffer (25mM Tris-HCl pH7.6, 150mM NaCl, 1% NP-40, 1mM EDTA, 1xProteinase inhibitor cocktail mix, 1mM PMSF and 1mM Na3VO4, and then centrifuged to clarify the lysate. Protein concentration was measured by BCA protein assay kit.This product is manufactured by and sold under license from OriGene Technologies and its use is limited solely for research purposes.
Alternate Names for Klotho Overexpression Lysate (Native)
- EC 3.2.1
- EC 220.127.116.11
This gene encodes a type-I membrane protein that is related to beta-glucosidases. Reduced production of this protein has been observed in patients with chronic renal failure (CRF), and this may be one of the factors underlying the degenerative processes (e.g., arteriosclerosis, osteoporosis, and skin atrophy) seen in CRF. Also, mutations within this protein have been associated with ageing and bone loss. [provided by RefSeq]. Sequence Note: The RefSeq transcript and protein were derived from transcript and genomic sequence to make the sequence consistent with the reference genome assembly. The genomic coordinates used for the transcript record were based on alignments. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Lysates are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Po, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, PAGE
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC-P
Publications for Klotho Lysate (NBL1-12307) (0)
There are no publications for Klotho Lysate (NBL1-12307).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Klotho Lysate (NBL1-12307) (0)
There are no reviews for Klotho Lysate (NBL1-12307).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Klotho Lysate (NBL1-12307). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
I study physiology (PhD) and I need a klotho kit.
- A list of our klotho products can be found here. I am not entirely sure what you are looking for as I don't have your complete message for some reason. Can you please clarify what you are looking for?
What antibody was used to validate this lysate (NBL1-12307) as a positive control? Klotho should run at approximately 116 kDa (as in this blot), yet none of the antibodies you sell show a band at the correct size. I want the antibody used to make this blot.
- We tested our Klotho overexpression lysate with an anti-DDK antibody to detect the DDK tag attached to the transfected protein. For our Klotho antibodies: NBP1-76511 detects a band at approximately 200kDa. Our lab notes state that due to the numerous glycosylation sites on the human klotho protein, the band appears higher than expected. NBP1-55097 recognized the 62kDa isoform 2 of the human klotho protein. NBP1-22497 is a monoclonal that we have licensed. We unfortunately do not have any images available at this time, but have validated the listed applications due to publications utilizing this same clone.
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Klotho Lysate (NBL1-12307)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Klotho Lysate (NBL1-12307). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Klotho