IL-6 ELISA Kit Summary
|Standard Curve Range
1.56 - 100 pg/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Storage of components varies. See protocol for specific instructions.
Concentration is not relevant for this product. Please see the protocols for proper use of this product.
The human IL-6 ELISA is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of human IL-6.
- Aluminium pouch(es) with a Microwell Plate coated with monoclonal antibody to human IL-6
- Biotin-Conjugate anti-human IL-6 monoclonal antibody
- Human IL-6 Standard, lyophilized, 200 pg/mL upon reconstitution
- Control high
- Control low
- Assay Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween 20 and 10% BSA)
- Wash Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween 20)
- Substrate Solution (tetramethyl-benzidine)
- Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid)
- Adhesive Films
Colored dyes for optional use with this kit are available and will be provided free of charge upon request. Please refer to catalog number NBP2-41404.
Alternate Names for IL-6 ELISA Kit
- B cell stimulatory factor-2
- B-cell differentiation factor
- BSF2CTL differentiation factor
- HGFHSFIFNB2Hybridoma growth factor
- IFN-beta 2
- IL-6B-cell stimulatory factor 2
- Interferon beta-2
- interleukin 6 (interferon, beta 2)
- interleukin BSF-2
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multi-functional cytokine that regulates immune responses, acute phase reactions and hematopoiesis and may play a central role in host defense mechanisms. IL-6 is usually not produced constitutively by normal cells, but its expression is readily induced by a variety of cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS) or viral infections. IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by a variety of cells. It acts on a wide range of tissues, exerting growth-induction, growth-inhibition, and differentiation respectively, depending on the nature of the target cells. IL-6 is involved in: - the induction of B-cell differentiation - the induction of acute phase proteins in liver cells - growth promotion of myeloma/plasmacytoma/hybridoma cells - induction of IL-2 and IL-2 receptor expression - proliferation and differentiation of T cells - inhibition of cell growth of certain myeloid leukemic cell lines and induction of their differentiation to macrophages - enhancement of IL-3-induced multipotential colony cell formation in hematopoietic stem cells and induction of maturation of megakaryocytes as a thrombopoietic factor - induction of mesangial cell growth - induction of neural differentiation of PC 12 cells - induction of keratinocyte growth The abnormal production of IL-6 was first suggested to be related to polyclonal B-cell activation with autoantibody production in patients with cardiac myxoma. Since then, IL-6 has been suggested to be involved in the pathogenesis of a variety of diseases. Measurement of IL-6 levels in serum and other body fluids thus provides more detailed insights into various pathological situations.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. ELISA Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IP, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Ch, Xp
Applications: Flow, ICC
Publications for IL-6 ELISA Kit (NBP1-89869) (0)
There are no publications for IL-6 ELISA Kit (NBP1-89869).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-6 ELISA Kit (NBP1-89869) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-6 ELISA Kit (NBP1-89869).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-6 ELISA Kit (NBP1-89869). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
I was wondering if you know of any blocking antibodies against IL-6 or VEGF-C that can be used in cell culture to quench these cytokines?
- We have no antibodies that are currently known to show blocking antibodies to VEGF-C. Please see this link to our IL-6 antibodies with blocking/neutralizing activity can be found at this link.
Additional IL-6 ELISA Kit Products
Related Products by Gene
, INTERLEUKIN 6
, TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR ALPHA
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-6 ELISA Kit (NBP1-89869)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-6 ELISA Kit (NBP1-89869). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-6.