IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant porcine IL‑18/IL‑1F4
Detects porcine IL‑18/IL‑1F4 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs, approximately 30% cross‑reactivity with recombinant human IL-18 is observed and 10% cross-reactivity with recombinant rat IL‑18 and recombinant mouse IL‑18 is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 0.1 ug/mL
- Immunocytochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- IFN-gamma-inducing factor
- IGIFIL-1 gamma
- Interferon gamma-inducing factor
- interleukin 18 (interferon-gamma-inducing factor)
- Interleukin-1 gamma
Interleukin-18 (IL-18), also known as IL-1F4 and IFN-gamma inducing factor (IGIF), is a member of the IL-1 family of cytokines and is a key molecule in the innate immune response (1). Porcine IL-18 is synthesized as a 24 kDa proprotein that contains a 35 amino acid (aa) propeptide and a 157 aa mature region (2). Under inflammatory conditions, the propeptide is cleaved by Caspase-1 in the cytoplasm to liberate the mature nonglycosylated 18 kDa monomeric IL-18 (3, 4). Mature porcine IL-18 shares 88% aa sequence identity with canine and feline IL-18 and 61%‑76% with human, mouse, rat, and rhesus IL-18. IL-18 is secreted by a variety of cell types including macrophages, dendritic cells, and epithelial cells (1, 5). Circulating mature IL-18 is sequestered by soluble IL-18 binding proteins (IL-18 BP) that inhibit IL-18 bioactivity (6). IL-18 interacts with the widely expressed IL-18 R alpha which then recruits the signaling subunit IL-18 R beta (7, 8). The IL-1 family member IL-1F7 also binds to IL-18 R alpha but does not recruit IL-18 R beta or induce signaling (9). IL-1F7 binds IL-18 BP and enhances its neutralizing effect on IL-18 activity (9). IL-18 synergizes with other cytokines to activate NK, Th1, and Th17 cells and to increase the production of IFN-gamma (1, 5, 10, 11, 12). IL-18 can also promote Th2 cytokine release which reduces the effectiveness of antiviral responses (13, 14). Increased levels of active IL‑18 contribute to the severity of autoimmunity and hypertension, while deficiency of IL-18 results in symptoms of metabolic syndrome (1, 5, 15, 16). In cancer, IL-18 stimulates Th1 and NK cells to target tumor cells, but it can also promote angiogenesis, metastasis, and tumor cell immune evasion (11).
- Arend, W.P. et al. (2008) Immunol. Rev. 223:20.
- Muneta, Y. et al. (2000) Cytokine 12:566.
- Ghayur, T. et al. (1997) Nature 386:619.
- Gu, Y. et al. (1997) Science 275:206.
- Boraschi, D. and C.A. Dinarello (2006) Eur. Cytokine Netw. 17:224.
- Novick, D. et al. (1999) Immunity 10:127.
- Torigoe, K. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:25737.
- Born, T.L. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:29445.
- Bufler, P. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 99:13723.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1998) Immunity 8:383.
- Park, S. et al. (2007) Cell. Mol. Immunol. 4:329.
- Yoshimoto, T. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 161:3400.
- Hoshino, T. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166:7014.
- Iannello, A. et al. (2009) AIDS Rev. 11:115.
- Rabkin, S.W. (2009) Nat. Clin. Pract. Cardiovasc. Med. 6:192.
- Netea, M.G. et al. (2006) Nat. Med. 12:650.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IM, IP, KD
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ChIP, DB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, PAGE, B/N, CyTOF-ready, Dual ISH-IHC, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC, KD, KO
Publications for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (AF588) (0)
There are no publications for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (AF588).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (AF588) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (AF588).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (AF588) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-18/IL-1F4 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (AF588)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (AF588). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-18/IL-1F4