IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (1072H) [Unconjugated] Summary
Recombinant Monoclonal Antibody.
E. coli-derived recombinant human IL-18/IL-1F4
Accession # Q14116
Detects human IL-18/IL-1F4 in direct ELISAs. In a sandwich immunoassay, with Goat Anti-Human IL-18 BPa Antigen Affinity Purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF119
) the human IL-18/IL-18 BPa complex is detected.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (1072H) [Unconjugated]
- IFN-gamma-inducing factor
- IGIFIL-1 gamma
- Interferon gamma-inducing factor
- interleukin 18 (interferon-gamma-inducing factor)
- Interleukin-1 gamma
Interleukin-18 (IL-18) is a proinflammatory cytokine in the IL-1 family that exerts distinct immune effects depending on the local cytokine environment. It is expressed as a 24 kDa precursor by endothelial and epithelial cells, keratinocytes, gamma δ T cells, and phagocytes. The precursor is activated intracellularly by Caspase-1 mediated proteolysis to release the 17 kDa mature cytokine. The precursor can also be released by necrotic cells for extracellular cleavage by multiple proteases.
IL-18 activation is induced by infection or tissue damage and contributes to disease pathology in chronic inflammation (1-3). IL-18 binds to the widely expressed
IL-18 R alpha which recruits IL-18 R beta to form the signaling receptor complex (4, 5). Its bioactivity is negatively regulated by interactions with IL-18 binding proteins and virally encoded IL-18BP homologs (6). In the presence of IL-12 or IL-15, IL-18 enhances anti-viral Th1 immune responses by inducing IFN-gamma production and the cytolytic activity of CD8+
T cells and NK cells (7, 8). In the absence of IL-12 or IL-15, however, IL-18 promotes production of the Th2 cytokines IL-4 and IL-13 by CD4+
T cells and basophils (9, 10). In the presence of IL-1 beta or IL-23, IL-18 induces the antigen-independent production of IL-17 by gamma δ T cells and CD4+
T cells (11).
IL-18 also promotes myeloid dendritic cell maturation and triggers neutrophil respiratory burst (12, 13). In cancer, IL-18 exhibits diverse activities including enhancing anti-tumor immunity, inhibiting or promoting angiogenesis, and promoting tumor cell metastasis (14). Mature human IL-18 shares approximately 63% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat IL-18 (15). Alternative splicing in human ovarian cancer generates an isoform that is resistant to Caspase-1 activation (16). A cell surface form can be expressed on M-CSF induced macrophages and released in response to bacterial endotoxin (17).
- Dinarello, C.A. et al. (2013) Front. Immunol. 4:289.
- Smith, D.E. (2011) J. Leukoc. Biol. 89:383.
- Gu, Y. et al. (1997) Science 275:206.
- Torigoe, K. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:25737.
- Cheung, H. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 174:5351.
- Novick, D. et al. (1999) Immunity 10:127.
- Fehniger, T.A. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 162:4511.
- Yoshimoto, T. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 161:3400.
- Yoshimoto, T. et al. (2000) Nat. Immunol. 1:132.
- Kroeger, K.M. et al. (2009) J. Leukoc. Biol. 86:769.
- Lalor, S.J. et al. (2011) J. Immunol. 186:5738.
- Li, J. et al. (2004) Cell. Immunol. 227:103.
- Elbim, C. et al. (2005) Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol. 12:436.
- Fabbi, M. et al. (2015) J. Leukoc. Biol. 97:665.
- Ushio, S. et al. (1996) J. Immunol. 156:4274.
- Gaggero, A. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23:7552.
- Bellora, F. et al. (2012) Eur. J. Immunol. 42:1618.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ChIP, DB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, B/N, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC
Publications for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (MAB91244) (0)
There are no publications for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (MAB91244).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (MAB91244) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (MAB91244).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (MAB91244) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-18/IL-1F4 Products
Blogs on IL-18/IL-1F4