4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Antibody (2356B) [Alexa Fluor® 647] Summary
Recombinant Monoclonal Antibody.
Chinese hamster ovary cell line CHO-derived recombinant human 4‑1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137
Accession # Q07011
Detects human 4‑1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 in direct ELISAs.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Antibody (2356B) [Alexa Fluor® 647]
- 4-1BB ligand receptor
- CD137 antigen
- ILAhomolog of mouse 4-1BB
- induced by lymphocyte activation (ILA)
- interleukin-activated receptor, homolog of mouse Ly63
- receptor protein 4-1BB
- T cell antigen ILA
- T-cell antigen 4-1BB homolog
- T-cell antigen ILA
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 9
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 9
4-1BB, also known as CD137 and TNFRSF9, is an approximately 30 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein in the TNF receptor superfamily. 4-1BB functions in the development and activation of multiple immune cells (1). Mature human 4-1BB consists of a 163 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with four TNFR cysteine-rich repeats, a 27 aa transmembrane segment, and a 42 aa cytoplasmic domain (2, 3). Within the ECD, human 4-1BB shares 60% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat 4-1BB. 4-1BB is expressed as a disulfide-linked homodimer on various populations of activated T cell including CD4+
, memory CD8+
, NKT, and regulatory T cells (4-7) as well as on myeloid and mast cell progenitors, dendritic cells, mast cells, and bacterially infected osteoblasts (8-11). It binds with high affinity to the transmembrane 4-1BB Ligand/TNFSF9 which is expressed on antigen presenting cells and myeloid progenitor cells (3, 8). This interaction costimulates the proliferation, activation, and/or survival of the 4-1BB expressing cell (3-7). It can also enhance the activation-induced cell death of repetitively stimulated T cells (3). Mice lacking 4-1BB show augmented T cell activation, perhaps due to its absence on regulatory T cells (12). 4-1BB can associate with OX40 on activated T cells, forming a complex that responds to either ligand and inhibits Treg and CD8+
T cell proliferation (13). Reverse signaling through 4-1BB Ligand inhibits the development of dendritic cells, B cells, and osteoclasts (8, 11) but supports mature dendritic cell survival and costimulates the proliferation and activation of mast cells (9, 10).
4-1BB activation enhances CD8+
T cell and NK cell mediated anti-tumor immunity (14). It also contributes to the development of inflammation in high fat diet-induced metabolic syndrome (15). Soluble forms of 4-1BB and 4-1BB Ligand circulate at elevated levels in the serum of rheumatoid arthritis and hematologic cancer patients, respectively (16, 17).
- Wang, C. et al. (2009) Immunol. Rev. 229:192.
- Schwarz, H. et al. (1993) Gene 134:295.
- Alderson, M.R. et al. (1994) Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2219.
- Wen, T. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 168:4897.
- Pulle, G. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 176:2739.
- Zheng, G. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 173:2428.
- Kim, D. et al. (2008) J. Immunol. 180:2062.
- Lee, S. et al. (2008) Nat. Immunol. 9:917.
- Choi, B.K. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 182:4107.
- Nishimoto, H. et al. (2005) Blood 106:4241.
- Saito, K. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:13555.
- Lee, S. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 174:6803.
- Ma, B.Y. et al. (2005) Blood 106:2002.
- Choi, B.K. et al. (2010) J. Immunol. 185:1404.
- Kim, C. et al. (2011) Diabetes 60:3159.
- Michel, J. et al. (1998) Eur. J. Immunol. 28:290.
- Salih, H.R. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 167:4059.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, AgAct
Species: Hu, Mk
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Eq
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Publications for 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Antibody (FAB8381R) (0)
There are no publications for 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Antibody (FAB8381R).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Antibody (FAB8381R) (0)
There are no reviews for 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Antibody (FAB8381R).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Antibody (FAB8381R) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137 Products
Blogs on 4-1BB/TNFRSF9/CD137