Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (212701) [Alexa Fluor® 647] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant human Integrin beta 2/CD18
Accession # AAA59490
Detects human Integrin beta 2/CD18 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs, no cross-reactivity with recombinant human Integrin beta 1 or recombinant mouse Integrin alpha 5 is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Flow Cytometry: Please use 0.25-1 ug of conjugated antibody per 10e6 cells.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
0.09% Sodium Azide
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (212701) [Alexa Fluor® 647]
- 959 beta subunit precursor)10
- CD18 antigen
- CD18beta 2
- cell surface adhesion glycoprotein (LFA-1
- Integrin beta 2
- integrin beta-2
- integrin, beta 2 (antigen CD18 (p95), lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1;macrophage antigen 1 (mac-1) beta subunit)
- integrin, beta 2 (complement component 3 receptor 3 and 4 subunit)
- leukocyte cell adhesion molecule CD18
- leukocyte-associated antigens CD18/11A, CD18/11B, CD18/11C
- LFA-1 beta
- MAC-1 beta
- p150,95 beta
Integrin alpha X beta 2, also called CD11c/CD18, p150/95 or complement receptor type 4 (CR4), is one of four beta 2 integrins. The non-covalent heterodimer of 150 kDa alpha X/CD11c and 95 kDa beta 2/CD18 integrin subunits is expressed on macrophages, dendritic cells and hairy cell leukemias, with lower amounts on other myeloid cells and activated B, NK and some cytotoxic T cells (1‑7). Like other integrins, alpha X beta 2 has multiple activation states (3). In the presence of divalent cations and "inside-out" signaling, alpha X beta 2 is fully active and extended. The alpha X vWFA or I-domain, which contains the adhesion sites, forms the N-terminal head region with the alpha X beta-propeller and the beta 2 vWFA domain (1, 8). In the inactive state, the heterodimer flexes in the center at the alpha X thigh and calf domains and beta 2 I-EGF domains, impeding access to adhesion sites (1). The 1088 aa human alpha X/CD11c ECD shares 70‑76% aa sequence identity with mouse, rat and canine alpha X while the 678 aa human beta 2/CD18 ECD shares 81‑83% aa sequence identity with mouse, rat, cow, dog, goat, sheep, and pig beta 2. Potential alpha X isoforms containing 719 and 725 aa (as compared to full-length 1163 aa alpha X) lack the vWFA domain and the N-terminus. Active alpha X beta 2 shares some adhesion partners with alpha M beta 2/CD11b/CD18, including complement opsonin fragment iC3b, ICAMs, vWF and fibrinogen, and is expressed on many of the same cells (4‑11). However, alpha M beta 2 activity is often constitutive, while alpha X beta 2 activity requires cell activation (4‑7). alpha X beta 2 also binds osteopontin, Thy-1, plasminogen, heparin, and proteins with abnormally exposed acidic residues (11‑16). The adhesion events are important for proliferation, degranulation, chemotactic migration, and phagocytosis of complement-opsonized particles (5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 16). Mutations of beta 2, especially in the vWFA domain, cause leukocyte adhesion deficiency (LAD-1) and susceptibility to bacterial infections (17).
- Corbi, A.L. et al. (1987) EMBO J. 6:4023.
- Kishimoto, T.K. et al. (1987) Cell 48:681.
- Hynes, R.O. (2002) Cell 110:673.
- Arnaout, M.A. (1990) Blood 75:1037.
- Postigo, A.A. et al. (1991) J. Exp. Med. 174:1313.
- Beyer, M. et al. (2005) Respir. Res. 6:70.
- Nicolaou, F. et al. (2003) Blood 101:4033.
- Vorup-Jensen, T. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:1873.
- Bilsland, C.A.G. et al. (1994) J. Immunol. 152:4582.
- Pendu, R. et al. (2006) Blood 108:3746.
- Sadhu, C. et al. (2007) J. Leukoc. Biol. 81:1395.
- Schack, L. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 182:6943.
- Choi, J. et al. (2005) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 331:557.
- Gang, J. et al. (2007) Mol. Cells 24:240.
- Vorup-Jensen, T. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:30869.
- Vorup-Jensen, T. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:1614.
- Kishimoto, T.K. et al. (1987) Cell 50:193.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Single Cell Western
Applications: Flow, IP, CyTOF-ready
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, B/N
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IP, B/N
Applications: WB, IHC, IP, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ELISA(Sta)
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IP, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Publications for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R) (0)
There are no publications for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R) (0)
There are no reviews for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R) (0)
Additional Integrin beta 2/CD18 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R)
Learn more about PTMs related to Integrin beta 2/CD18 Antibody (FAB1730R).
Blogs on Integrin beta 2/CD18.