IL-5 Antibody (9906) [Alexa Fluor® 350] Summary
S. frugiperda insect ovarian cell line Sf 21-derived recombinant human IL‑5
Accession # P05113
Detects human IL-5 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs and Western blots, no cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse IL‑5 is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Intracellular Staining by Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Flow Cytometry: Please use 0.25-1 ug of conjugated antibody per 10e6 cells.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
0.09% Sodium Azide
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-5 Antibody (9906) [Alexa Fluor® 350]
- BCDF mu
- B-cell differentiation factor I
- Eosinophil differentiation factor
- IL-5T-cell replacing factor
- interleukin 5 (colony-stimulating factor, eosinophil)
- TRFB cell differentiation factor I
(IL-5) is a secreted glycoprotein that belongs to the alpha -helical group
of cytokines (1 ‑ 3). Unlike other family members, it is present as a
covalently linked antiparallel dimer (4, 5). The cDNA for human IL-5
encodes a signal peptide and a 115 amino acid (aa) mature protein.
Mature human IL-5 shares 70%, 70%, 62%, 71%, 70% and 66%, aa sequence
identity with mouse, rat, canine, equine, feline and porcine IL-5,
respectively and shows cross‑reactivity with mouse IL-5. IL-5 is
primarily produced by CD4+ Th2 cells, but also by activated
eosinophils, mast cells, EBV-transformed B cells, Reed-Sternberg cells
in Hodgkin’s disease, and IL‑2‑stimulated invariant natural killer T
cells (iNKT) (1 ‑ 3, 6 ‑ 8). IL-5 increases production and mobilization
of eosinophils and CD34+ progenitors from the bone marrow and
causes maturation of eosinophil precursors outside the bone marrow
(1, 6, 9, 10). The receptor for human IL-5, mainly expressed by
eosinophils, but also found on basophils and mast cells, consists of a
unique ligand-binding subunit (IL-5 R alpha ) and a shared signal‑transducing
subunit, beta c (3, 6, 11). IL-5 R alpha first binds IL-5 at low affinity, then
associates with preformed beta c dimers, forming a high-affinity receptor
(12). IL-5 also binds proteoglycans, potentially enhancing its activity
(13). Soluble forms of IL-5 R alpha antagonize IL-5 and can be found in vivo
(10, 14). In humans, IL-5 primarily affects cells of the eosinophilic
lineage, and promotes their differentiation, maturation, activation,
migration and survival, while in mice IL-5 also enhances Ig class
switching and release from B1 cells (1 ‑ 3, 9, 10, 15, 16). IL-5 also
promotes differentiation of basophils and primes them for histamine and
leukotriene release (17).
- Rosenberg, H. F. et al. (2007) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 119:1303.
- Elsas, P.X. and M. I. G. Elsas (2007) Curr. Med. Chem. 14:1925.
- Martinez-Moczygemba, M. and D. P. Huston (2003) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 112:653.
- Minamitake, Y. et al. (1990) J. Biochem. 107:292.
- McKenzie, A. N. et al. (1991) Mol. Immunol. 28:155.
- Shakoory, B. et al. (2004) J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 24:271.
- Lalani, T. et al. (1999) Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol. 82:317.
- Sakuishi, K. et al. (2007) J. Immunol. 179:3452.
- Clutterbuck, E. J. et al. (1989) Blood 73:1504.
- Cameron, L. et al. (2000) J. Immunol. 164:1538.
- Tavernier, J. et al. (1991) Cell 66:1175.
- Zaks-Zilberman, M. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:13398.
- Lipscombe, R. et al. (1998) J. Leukocyte Biol. 63:342.
- Tavernier, J. et al. (2000) Blood 95:1600.
- Kopf, M. et al. (1996) Immunity 4:15.
- Horikawa, K. and K. Takatsu (2006) Immunology 118:497.
- Denburg, J. A. et al. (1991) Blood 77:1462.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Ch, V-Vi
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Publications for IL-5 Antibody (IC605U) (0)
There are no publications for IL-5 Antibody (IC605U).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-5 Antibody (IC605U) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-5 Antibody (IC605U).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
FAQs for IL-5 Antibody (IC605U) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-5 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-5 Antibody (IC605U)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-5 Antibody (IC605U). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-5