HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (115603) [Alexa Fluor® 700] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human HMGB1/HMG-1
Accession # P09429
Detects human HMGB1/HMG-1 in direct ELISAs and Western blots.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Intracellular Staining by Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Flow Cytometry: Please use 0.25-1 ug of conjugated antibody per 10e6 cells.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
0.09% Sodium Azide
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (115603) [Alexa Fluor® 700]
- high mobility group box 1
- High mobility group protein 1
- high mobility group protein B1
- high-mobility group (nonhistone chromosomal) protein 1
- high-mobility group box 1
- Sulfoglucuronyl carbohydrate binding protein
Human High-mobility group box 1 protein (HMGB1), previously known as HMG-1 or amphoterin, is a member of the high mobility group box family of non-histone chromosomal proteins (1‑3). Human HMGB1 is expressed as a 30 kDa, 215 amino acid (aa) single chain polypeptide containing three domains: two N-terminal globular, 70 aa positively charged DNA-binding domains (HMG boxes A and B), and a negatively charged 30 aa C-terminal region that contains only Asp and Glu (4, 5). Residues 27‑43 and 178‑184 contain a NLS. Posttranslational modifications of the molecule have been reported, with acetylation occurring on as many as 17 lysine residues (6). HMGB1 is expressed at high levels in almost all cells (2, 4). It was originally discovered as a nuclear protein that could bend DNA. Such bending stabilizes nucleosome formation and regulates the expression of select genes upon recruitment by DNA binding proteins (1, 7, 8). It is now known that HMGB1 can also act extracellularly, both as an inflammatory mediator that promotes monocyte migration and cytokine secretion, and as a mediator of T cell-dendritic cell interaction (1, 4, 7, 9, 10). The cytokine activity of HBMG1 is restricted to the HMG B box, (3) while the A box is associated with the helix-loop-helix domain of transcription factors (11). HMBG1 is released in response to cell death and as a secretion product. Although HMBG-1 does not possess a classic signal sequence, it appears to be secreted as an acetylated form via secretory endolysosome exocytosis (6, 12). Once secreted, HMGB1 transduces cellular signals through its high affinity receptor, RAGE and, possibly, TLR2 and TLR4 (1, 3, 4). Human HMGB1 is 100% aa identical to canine HMGB1 and 99% aa identical to mouse, rat, bovine and porcine HMGB1, respectively.
- Lotze, M.T. and K.J. Tracey (2005) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 5:331.
- Yang, H. et al. (2005) J. Leukoc. Biol. 78:1.
- Dumitriu, I.E. et al. (2005) Trends Immunol. 26:381.
- Degryse, B. and M. de Virgilio (2003) FEBS Lett. 553:11.
- Wen, L. et al. (1989) Nucleic Acids Res. 17:1197.
- Bonaldi, T. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22:5551.
- Muller, S. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20:4337.
- Bustin, M. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19:5237.
- Wang, H. et al. (1999) Science. 285:248.
- Dimitriu, I.E. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 174:7506.
- Najima, Y. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:27523.
- Gardella, S. et al. (2002) EMBO Rep. 3:995.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ChIP, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IP, B/N, Flow-CS
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, ChIP, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Mk
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC
Publications for HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (FAB1690N) (0)
There are no publications for HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (FAB1690N).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (FAB1690N) (0)
There are no reviews for HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (FAB1690N).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
FAQs for HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (FAB1690N) (0)
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (FAB1690N)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to HMGB1/HMG-1 Antibody (FAB1690N). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on HMGB1/HMG-1