CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (65924) [Alexa Fluor® 488] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant mouse CD40/TNFRSF5
Accession # P27512
Detects mouse CD40/TNFRSF5 in ELISAs and Western blots. In sandwich immunoassays, no cross-reactivity or interference with recombinant human CD40/TNFRSF5, recombinant mouse (rm) CD40 Ligand, rmCD27/TNFRSF7, rmCD30/TNFRSF8, or rmFas/TNFRSF6 is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Flow Cytometry: Please use 0.25-1 ug of conjugated antibody per 10e6 cells.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
0.09% Sodium Azide
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (65924) [Alexa Fluor® 488]
- B cell surface antigen CD40
- B-cell surface antigen CD40
- Bp50B cell-associated molecule
- CD40 antigen
- CD40 molecule, TNF receptor superfamily member 5
- CD40 type II isoform
- CD40L receptor
- nerve growth factor receptor-related B-lymphocyte activation molecule
- TNFRSF5CD40 antigen (TNF receptor superfamily member 5)
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 5
CD40 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the TNF receptor superfamily. The mature mCD40 consists of a 172 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain, a 22 aa transmembrane region and a 90 aa cytoplasmic domain (1). CD40 is expressed on B cells, follicular dendritic cells, dendritic cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, endothelial cells, vascular smooth muscle cells and several tumor cell lines (2). The extracellular domain has the cysteine-rich repeat regions, which are characteristic for many of the receptors of the TNF superfamily. Interaction of CD40 with its ligand, CD40L, leads to the aggregation of CD40 molecules, which in turn interact with cytoplasmic components to initiate signaling pathways. Early studies on the CD40-CD40L system revealed its role in humoral immunity. Interaction between CD40L on T cells and CD40 on B cells stimulated B cell proliferation and provided the signal for immunoglobulin isotype switching (3). Mutations in the CD40L gene, which resulted in a CD40L molecule unable to interact with CD40, are responsible for the hyper-IgM syndrome (4). Cross-linking of CD40 with antibodies or by binding to CD40L produces cell type-specific responses which include costimulation and induction of proliferation, induction of cytokine production, rescue from apoptosis, and upregulation of adhesion molecules (5). Some of the early events of intracellular signaling by the CD40-CD40L system include the association of the CD40 with TRAFs and the activation of various kinases (6‑8).
- Torres, R.M. and E.A. Clark (1992) J. Immunol. 148:620.
- Schonbeck, U. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:19569.
- Armitage, R.J. et al. (1993) J. Immunol. 150:3671.
- Callard, R.E. et al. (1993) Immunol. Today 14:559.
- Stout, R.D. and J. Suttles (1996) Immunol. Today 17:487.
- Pullen, S.S. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38:10168.
- Faris, M. et al. (1994) J. Exp. Med. 179:1923.
- Hanissian, S.H. and R.S. Geha (1997) Immunity 6:379.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Mu, Bv
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Species: Hu, Rt, Ca, Pm
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Eq
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Publications for CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (FAB4401G) (0)
There are no publications for CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (FAB4401G).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (FAB4401G) (0)
There are no reviews for CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (FAB4401G).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (FAB4401G). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
I wanna know does CD40 antibody for IHC-P comes with positive control slide?
- Our CD40 antibodies do not come with positive control slides however you can use any type of primary carcinoma cell as a positive control. I recommend breast carcinoma as this is what we have tested our CD40 antibodies on.
We are studying CD40L in our system. It has been known that both CD40 and CD11b are receptors for CD40L. We need CD40 antibody to neutralize CD40 binding to CD40L, then we may prove what is function for CD11b binding to CD40L. Do you have any CD40 Ab which has block function only between CD40 and CD40L, but not between CD11b and CD40L?
- Unfortunately, none of our CD40 antibodies have been specifically tested for this application.
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (FAB4401G)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD40/TNFRSF5 Antibody (FAB4401G). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CD40/TNFRSF5