BPI Antibody (971526) [Unconjugated] Summary
Human embryonic kidney cell line HEK-293-derived transfected with human BPI
Accession # P17213
Detects human BPI in direct ELISAs.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 2 ug/mL
- Immunohistochemistry 5-25 ug/mL
- Intracellular Staining by Flow Cytometry 0.25 ug/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for BPI Antibody (971526) [Unconjugated]
- bactericidal permeability-increasing protein
- bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein
- CAP 57
Bactericidal/Permeability Increasing protein (BPI) is a 55 kDa antibacterial glycoprotein that plays a role in innate immunity (1, 2). It belongs to the lipid transfer protein family that also includes LPS binding protein (LBP), cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP), and phospholipid transfer protein (PLTP). Circulating levels of BPI are positively correlated with the levels of cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and HDL cholesterol (3). Mature human BPI shares approximately 55% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with mouse and rat BPI. It can be seceted as a monomer or as a disulfide‑linked homodimer (4). It consists of a highly basic N‑terminal and a hydrophobic C‑terminal domain (5). Its N‑terminal domain confers the ability of BPI to bind bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) found in the cell walls of Gram negative bacteria and to induce the lysis and phagocytosis of these bacteria (6‑9). It also blocks the endothelial cell response to endotoxin (10). BPI is stored in neutrophil and eosinophil granules for induced secretion during inflammation (11, 12). It is additionally expressed in mucosal epithelia and testis (10, 13). BPI can be retained on the surface of both neutrophils and epithelial cells, presumably by its hydrophobic C‑terminal domain (8, 10). BPI also functions as an anti-angiogenic molecule by inhibiting vascular endothelial cell proliferation and tubule formation (14). Like the antibacterial actions, this function is mediated by the N‑terminal region (15).
- Schultz, H. and J.P. Weiss (2007) Clin. Chim. Acta 384:12.
- Holweg, A. et al. (2011) Biochem. Soc. Trans. 39:1045.
- Esteve, E. et al. (2010) Thromb. Haemost. 103:780.
- Horwitz, A.H. et al. (1996) Protein Exp. Purif. 8:28.
- Gray, P.W. et al. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264:9505.
- Ooi, C.E. et al. (1987) J. Biol. Chem. 262:14891.
- Tobias, P.S. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:18682.
- Weersink, A.J. et al. (1993) J. Immunol. 150:253.
- Nishimura, H. et al. (2001) Immunology 103:519.
- Canny, G. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 99:3902.
- Weiss, J. and I. Olsson (1987) Blood 69:652.
- Calafat, J. et al. (1998) Blood 91:4770.
- Lennartsson, A. et al. (2005) J. Leukoc. Biol. 77:369.
- van der Schaft, D.W.J. et al. (2000) Blood 96:176.
- Rauniyar, R.K. et al. (2002) Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 43:503.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P, PEP-ELISA, S-ELISA
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, IP
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Species: Hu, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ChIP, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for BPI Antibody (MAB74681) (0)
There are no publications for BPI Antibody (MAB74681).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for BPI Antibody (MAB74681) (0)
There are no reviews for BPI Antibody (MAB74681).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for BPI Antibody (MAB74681) (0)
Additional Array Products
Blogs on BPI