BMP-4 Antibody (871317) [Unconjugated] Summary
Chinese hamster ovary cell line CHO-derived mature mouse BMP-4
Accession # P21275
Detects mouse BMP-4 in direct ELISAs.
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Neutralization 0.4-2.4 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for BMP-4 Antibody (871317) [Unconjugated]
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2B
- bone morphogenetic protein 4
BMP-4 is a TGF-beta superfamily ligand that is widely expressed from early embryogenesis through adulthood. It plays an important role in mesenchyme formation, epidermal determination, suppression of neural induction, the development of multiple organs, and tissue repair (1-5). The mouse BMP-4 precursor contains a 273 amino acid (aa) propeptide and a 116 aa mature protein (6). The propeptide is cleaved intracellularly by furin or proprotein convertase 6, enabling the 15 kDa mature BMP-4 monomer to form an active disulfide linked homodimer or heterodimer with BMP-7 (7-9). Mature mouse and human BMP-4 share 98% aa sequence identity. Mouse BMP-4 shares 85% aa sequence identity with mouse BMP-2 and 35%-54% with other mouse BMPs. Compared to BMP-4 homodimers, BMP-4/BMP-7 heterodimers exhibit a greater potency in inducing osteogenic differentiation (9). In Xenopus, the heterodimers can also induce the formation of mesoderm, whereas BMP-4 homodimers only provide ventralizing signals for existing mesoderm (10). BMP-4 signals through tetrameric complexes composed of type I (primarily Activin RIA or BMPR-IA) and type II (primarily Activin RIIA or BMPR-II) receptors (11, 12). The bioavailability of BMP-4 is regulated by its interaction with multiple proteins and glycosaminoglycans (13-15).
- Zhang, P. et al. (2008) Blood 111:1933.
- Gambaro, K. et al. (2006) Cell Death Differ. 13:1075.
- Simic, P. and S. Vukicevic (2005) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:299.
- Sadlon, T.J. et al. (2004) Stem Cells 22:457.
- Frank, D.B. et al. (2005) Circ. Res. 97:496.
- Oida, S. et al. (1995) DNA Seq. 5:273.
- Cui, Y. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17:4735.
- Cui, Y. et al. (2001) Genes Dev. 15:2797.
- Aono, A. et al. (1995) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 210:670.
- Nishimatsu, S. and G.H. Thomsen (1998) Mech. Dev. 74:75.
- Chen, D. et al. (2004) Growth Factors 22:233.
- Lavery, K. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. April 24 epub.
- Rosen, V. (2006) Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1068:19.
- Jones, C.M. and J.C. Smith (1998) Dev. Biol. 194:12.
- Takada, T. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:43229.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready
Publications for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB50201) (0)
There are no publications for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB50201).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB50201) (0)
There are no reviews for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB50201).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
FAQs for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB50201) (0)
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB50201)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to BMP-4 Antibody (MAB50201). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on BMP-4