BMP-4 Antibody (66119) [Unconjugated] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant human BMP‑4
Accession # P12644
Detects human BMP-4 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. This antibody shows approximately 5% cross-reactivity with recombinant human BMP‑2.
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1 ug/mL
- Neutralization 1-3 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for BMP-4 Antibody (66119) [Unconjugated]
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2B
- bone morphogenetic protein 4
BMP4 is a TGF beta superfamily ligand that is widely expressed from early embryogenesis through adulthood. It plays an important role in mesenchyme formation, epidermal determination, suppression of neural induction, the development of multiple organs, and tissue repair (1 5). The human BMP4 precursor contains a 273 amino acid (aa) propeptide and a 116 aa mature protein (6). Processing of the propeptide by furin or proprotein convertase 6 enables the formation of the mature disulfidelinked homodimeric BMP4 and facilitates its secretion. Similar intracellular processes may lead to the formation and recreation of BMP4/BMP7 disulfidelinked heterodimer (7 9). Mature human and mouse BMP4 share 98% aa sequence identity. Human BMP4 shares 85% aa sequence identity with human BMP2 and less than 50% with other human BMPs. Compared to BMP4 homodimers, BMP4/ BMP7 heterodimers exhibit a greater potency in inducing osteogenic differentiation (9). In Xenopus, the heterodimers can also induce the formation of mesoderm, whereas BMP4 homodimers only provide ventralizing signals for existing mesoderm (10). BMP4 signals through tetrameric complexes composed of type I (primarily Activin RIA or BMPRIA) and type II (primarily Activin RIIA or BMPRII) receptors (11, 12). The bioavailability of BMP4 is regulated by its interaction with multiple proteins and glycosaminoglycan (13 - 15).
- Zhang, P. et al., 2008, Blood 111:1933.
- Gambaro, K. et al., 2006, Cell Death Differ. 13:1075.
- Simic, P. and Vukicevic, S., 2005, Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:299.
- Sadlon, T.J. et al., 2004, Stem Cells 22:457.
- Frank, D.B. et al., 2005, Circ. Res. 97:496.
- Wozney, J. et al., 1988, Science 242:1528.
- Cui, Y. et al., 1998, EMBO J. 17:4735.
- Cui, Y. et al., 2001, Genes Dev. 15:2797.
- Aono, A. et al., 1995, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 210:670.
- Nishimatsu, S. and G.H. Thomsen, 1998, Mech. Dev. 74:75.
- Chen, D. et al., 2004, Growth Factors 22:233.
- Lavery, K. et al., 2008, J. Biol. Chem. 283:20948.
- Rosen, V., 2006, Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1068:19.
- Jones, C.M. and J.C. Smith, 1998, Dev. Biol. 194:12.
- Takada, T. et al., 2003, J. Biol. Chem. 278:43229.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, ICC, KO
Applications: WB, B/N
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB757) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional BMP-4 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for BMP-4 Antibody (MAB757)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to BMP-4 Antibody (MAB757). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on BMP-4