TMED1 Antibody (1009524) [Alexa Fluor® 700] Summary
Human embryonic kidney cell, HEK293 derived human TMED1
Accession # Q13445
Detects human TMED1 in direct ELISAs.
Protein A or G purified from hybridoma culture supernatant
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for TMED1 Antibody (1009524) [Alexa Fluor® 700]
- IL1RL1-Binding Protein
- IL1RL1LGIL1RL1-binding protein
- Interleukin 1 Receptor-Like 1 Ligand
- Interleukin-1 receptor-like 1 ligand
- Putative T1/ST2 receptor-binding protein
- T1/ST2 receptor binding protein
- transmembrane emp24 domain containing 1
- transmembrane emp24 domain-containing protein 1
- transmembrane emp24 protein transport domain containing 1
TMED1 (Transmembrane Emp24
domain-containing protein 1) is a member of the TMED family of proteins (gene
name TMED1). The TMED family of proteins are localized to membranes of the
early secretory pathway, including the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi, and function
in vesicular protein trafficking (1, 2). TMED1 is a 59 kDa monomer and has been
reported to exist as homodimer (3). TMED1 is composed of a 23 amino acid (aa) signal
sequence, a 171 aa extra cellular domain, a 21 aa transmembrane domain, and a
12 aa cytoplasmic domain. The extracellular domain contains an 83 aa GOLD
(Golgi Dynamics) domain, and COPI and COPII binding motifs are found in the
cytoplasmic domain (1-3, 5). Human TMED1 shares 97% sequence identity with
mouse, bovine, and rat homologs within the 171 aa extracellular domain. The
beta -strand-rich GOLD domain has been specifically identified to be involved in
intracellular protein trafficking (1, 4, 5). TMED1 is important in regulating
innate immune signaling through its interaction with ST2L. Specifically, the
GOLD domain in TMED1 interacts with the TIR domain of ST2L, a receptor for
IL‑33 (1). This interaction promotes ST2L association with IL-33, allowing
downstream signaling cascade activating MAP kinases, p38, and JNK (1, 6). Studies
have shown knockdown of TMED-1 in HUVECs impairs the IL-33 induced response
resulting in reduction of IL-6 and IL-8 productions (1).
- Connolly, D. et al. (2013) J Biol Chem. 288:5616.
- Gour, N. and Lajoie, S. (2018) Curr Allergy Ashma Rep. 16:65.
- Jenne, N. (2002) J Biol Chem. 277:46504.
- Anantharaman, V. and Aravind, L. (2002) Genome Biol. 3:research0023
- Gomez-Navarro, N. and Miller, E. (2016) J Cell Biol. 215:769.
- Hardman, C. and Ogg, G. (2016). Curr Opin Immunol. 42:16.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ChIP, DB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, PAGE, B/N, CyTOF-ready, Dual ISH-IHC, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC, KD, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt, Rb
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P, KO
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Pm
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready
Publications for TMED1 Antibody (FAB22431N) (0)
There are no publications for TMED1 Antibody (FAB22431N).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for TMED1 Antibody (FAB22431N) (0)
There are no reviews for TMED1 Antibody (FAB22431N).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for TMED1 Antibody (FAB22431N) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional TMED1 Products
Blogs on TMED1