Thrombospondin-1 Antibody (899631R) [Unconjugated] Summary
Recombinant Monoclonal Antibody.
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant mouse Thrombospondin‑1
Accession # P35441
Detects mouse Thrombospondin‑1 in direct ELISAs.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Thrombospondin-1 Antibody (899631R) [Unconjugated]
- thrombospondin 1
Thrombospondin‑1 (TSP‑1) is a 150‑180 kDa calcium‑sensitive protein that is secreted as a disulfide‑linked homotrimer. Within the Thrombospondin family, TSP‑2 is also homotrimeric, while TSP-3, -4, and -5/COMP are pentameric. TSP‑1 regulates a wide range of cellular functions including their interactions with other cells and with the extracellular matrix (ECM). TSP-1 contains an N‑terminal Laminin G‑like globular domain, an extended central region with one vWF‑C domain, 3 TSP type 1 repeats, 3 EGF‑like domains, and 8 TSP type‑3 repeats, and a globular C‑terminal lectin domain. Distinct regions of TSP‑1 have been associated with binding to particular ECM or cellular molecules (1, 2). Mature mouse TSP‑1 shares 95% and 99% amino acid sequence identity with human and rat TSP‑1, respectively. TSP‑1 counteracts the angiogenic, hypotensive, and anti‑thrombotic effects of nitric oxide (NO) (3). It binds and neutralizes VEGF, blocks VEGF R2 signaling on vascular endothelial cells (EC), and destabilizes adhesive contacts between EC (4‑6). TSP‑1’s actions on vascular smooth muscle cells support arterial tone and blood pressure in the presence of vasodilatory stimulation (7). It is released from activated platelets and enhances platelet aggregation and adhesion (8). TSP-1 also plays an important role in wound repair and tissue fibrosis by binding latent TGF‑beta and inducing release of the active cytokine from the latency associated peptide (LAP) (9, 10). TSP‑1 dampens adaptive immune responses by inducing the differentiation of regulatory T cells and inhibiting TCR signaling (11, 12). In the nervous system, it promotes excitatory synapse formation (13, 14) and supports the integration of neural progenitor cells into the olfactory bulb (15). In addition, TSP‑1 is released by apoptotic cells and promotes macrophage-mediated debris clearance (16).
- Murphy-Ullrich, J.E. and R.V. Iozzo (2012) Matrix Biol. 31:152.
- Laherty, C.D. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:3274.
- Roberts, D.D. et al. (2012) Matrix Biol. 31:162.
- Gupta, K. et al. (1999) Angiogenesis 3:147.
- Kaur, S. et al. (2010) J. Biol. Chem. 285:38923.
- Garg, P. et al. (2011) Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell. Mol. Physiol. 301:L79.
- Isenberg, J.S. et al. (2009) Matrix Biol. 28:110.
- Isenberg, J.S. et al. (2008) Blood 111:613.
- Schultz-Cherry, S. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:26775.
- Sweetwyne, M.T. and J.E. Murphy-Ullrich (2012) Matrix Biol. 31:178.
- Grimbert, P. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 177:3534.
- Kaur, S. et al. (2011) J. Biol. Chem. 286:14991.
- Xu, J. et al. (2010) Nat. Neurosci. 13:22.
- Eroglu, C. et al. (2009) Cell 139:380.
- Blake, S.M. et al. (2008) EMBO J. 27:3069.
- Moodley, Y. et al. (2003) Am. J. Pathol. 162:771.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-CS, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Pm
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca, Eq, Fe
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ye, Xp(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC-Fr, IF
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Applications: WB, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow
Publications for Thrombospondin-1 Antibody (MAB7859) (0)
There are no publications for Thrombospondin-1 Antibody (MAB7859).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Thrombospondin-1 Antibody (MAB7859) (0)
There are no reviews for Thrombospondin-1 Antibody (MAB7859).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Thrombospondin-1 Antibody (MAB7859) (0)