IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (1140A) [Alexa Fluor® 750] Summary
Recombinant Monoclonal Antibody.
NSO mouse myeloma cell line transfected with mouse IL‑7 R alpha /CD127
Accession # P16872
Stains mouse IL‑7 R alpha /CD127 transfectants but not irrelevant transfectants in flow cytometry.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (1140A) [Alexa Fluor® 750]
- CD127 antigen
- IL-7 R alpha
- IL-7 receptor subunit alpha
- IL7R alpha
- IL-7R alpha
- IL-7R subunit alpha
- interleukin 7 receptor alpha chain
- interleukin 7 receptor isoform H5-6
- interleukin 7 receptor
- interleukin-7 receptor subunit alpha
Interleukin 7 Receptor alpha (IL-7 R alpha ), also known as CD127, is a 75 kDa hematopoietin receptor superfamily member that plays an important role in lymphocyte differentiation, proliferation, and survival (1, 2). Mature mouse IL-7 R alpha consists of a 219 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with one fibronectin type III domain and a WSxWS motif, a 25 aa transmembrane segment, and a 195 aa cytoplasmic domain (3). Within the ECD, mouse IL-7 R alpha shares 67% and 79% aa sequence identity with human and rat IL‑7 R alpha, respectively. IL-7 R alpha associates with the common gamma chain ( gamma c) to form the functional high affinity IL-7 receptor complex (4). The gamma c is also a subunit of the receptors for IL-2, -4, -9, -15, and -21. Human and mouse IL-7 show cross-species activity through the IL-7 receptor (3, 5). IL‑7 R alpha is expressed on double negative (CD4-CD8-) and CD4+ or CD8+ single positive T cells as well as on CD8+ memory T cells and their precursors (6, 7). It is expressed early in B cell development, prior to the appearance of surface IgM (6). In mouse, IL-7 activation of IL‑7 R alpha is critical for both T cell and B cell lineage development (8). In human it is required for T cell but not for B cell development (9). IL‑7 induces the down regulation and shedding of cell surface IL-7 R alpha (10). IL-7 R alpha additionally associates with TSLP R to form the functional receptor for thymic stromal lymphopoietin (11, 12). TSLP indirectly regulates T cell development by modulating dendritic cell activation (2, 13). Knockout of TSLP R in mice provokes minor changes in B and T cell development compared to those seen with IL‑7 R alpha deletion (8, 14). The complexity of IL-7 R alpha biology is suggested by the competition between IL-7 and TSLP for receptor binding and by the ability of IL‑7 R alpha to form functional complexes with SCF R and HGF R (11, 12, 15, 16).
- Mazzucchelli, R. and S.K. Durum, 2007, Nat. Rev. Immunol. 7:144.
- Liu, Y.-J. et al. (2007) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 25:193.
- Goodwin, R.G. et al. (1990) Cell 60:941.
- Noguchi, M. et al. (1993) Science 262:1877.
- Barata, J.T. et al. (2006), Exp. Hematol. 34:1133.
- Sudo, T. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 90:9125.
- Kaech, S.M. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 4:1191.
- Peschon, J.J. et al. (1994) J. Exp. Med. 180:1955.
- Prieyl, J.A. and T.W. LeBien (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 93:10348.
- Vranjkovic, A. et al. (2007) Int. Immunol. 19:1329.
- Park, L.S. et al. (2000) J. Exp. Med. 192:659.
- Pandey, A. et al. (2000) Nat. Immunol. 1:59.
- Reche, P.A. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 167:336.
- Al-Shami, A. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Med. 200:159.
- Jahn, T. et al. (2007) Blood 110:1840.
- Lai, L. et al. (2006) Blood 107:1776.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, IB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC-Fr, IF
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, Block, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ELISA(Sta)
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, Neut
Publications for IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (FAB7473S) (0)
There are no publications for IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (FAB7473S).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (FAB7473S) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (FAB7473S).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (FAB7473S) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-7R alpha/CD127 Products
PTMs for IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (FAB7473S)
Learn more about PTMs related to IL-7R alpha/CD127 Antibody (FAB7473S).
Blogs on IL-7R alpha/CD127