IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (925008) [Alexa Fluor® 700] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human IL-18/IL-1F4
Accession # Q14116
Detects human IL-18/IL-1F4 in direct ELISAs.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Intracellular Staining by Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (925008) [Alexa Fluor® 700]
- IFN-gamma-inducing factor
- IGIFIL-1 gamma
- Interferon gamma-inducing factor
- interleukin 18 (interferon-gamma-inducing factor)
- Interleukin-1 gamma
Interleukin-18 (IL-18), also known as IL-1F4 and IFN-gamma inducing factor (IGIF), is a member of the IL-1 family of cytokines and is a key molecule in the innate immune response (1). Rhesus IL-18 is synthesized as a 24 kDa proprotein that contains a 36 amino acid (aa) propeptide and a 157 aa mature region (2). Under inflammatory conditions, the propeptide is cleaved by Caspase-1 in the cytoplasm to liberate the mature nonglycosylated 18 kDa monomeric IL-18 (3, 4). Mature rhesus IL-18 shares 96% aa sequence identity with human IL-18 and 60-76% with mouse, rat, canine, feline, and porcine IL-18. IL-18 is secreted by a variety of cell types including macrophages, dendritic cells, and epithelial cells (1, 5). Circulating mature IL-18 is sequestered by soluble IL-18 binding proteins (IL-18 BP) that inhibit IL-18 bioactivity (6). IL-18 interacts with the widely expressed IL-18 R alpha which then recruits the signaling subunit IL-18 R beta (7, 8). The IL-1 family member IL-1F7 also binds to IL-18 R alpha but does not recruit IL-18 R beta or induce signaling (9). IL-1F7 binds IL-18 BP and enhances its neutralizing effect on IL-18 activity (9). IL-18 synergizes with other cytokines to activate NK, Th1, and Th17 cells and to increase the production of IFN-gamma (1, 5, 10-12). IL-18 can also promote Th2 cytokine release which reduces the effectiveness of antiviral responses (13, 14). Increased levels of active IL-18 contribute to the severity of autoimmunity and hypertension, while deficiency of IL-18 results in symptoms of metabolic syndrome (1, 5, 15, 16). In cancer, IL-18 stimulates Th1 and NK cells to target tumor cells, but it can also promote angiogenesis, metastasis, and tumor cell immune evasion (11).
- Arend, W.P. et al. (2008) Immunol. Rev. 223:20.
- Giavedoni, L.D. et al. (2001) J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 21:173.
- Ghayur, T. et al. (1997) Nature 386:619.
- Gu, Y. et al. (1997) Science 275:206.
- Boraschi, D. and C.A. Dinarello (2006) Eur. Cytokine Netw. 17:224.
- Novick, D. et al. (1999) Immunity 10:127.
- Torigoe, K. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:25737.
- Born, T.L. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:29445.
- Bufler, P. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99:13723.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1998) Immunity 8:383.
- Park, S. et al. (2007) Cell. Mol. Immunol. 4:329.
- Yoshimoto, T. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 161:3400.
- Hoshino, T. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166:7014.
- Iannello, A. et al. (2009) AIDS Rev. 11:115.
- Rabkin, S.W. (2009) Nat. Clin. Pract. Cardiovasc. Med. 6:192.
- Netea, M.G. et al. (2006) Nat. Med. 12:650.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IM
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ChIP, DB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, In vitro, B/N, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), Flow-CS, Flow-IC, KO
Publications for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (IC2548N) (0)
There are no publications for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (IC2548N).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (IC2548N) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (IC2548N).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
FAQs for IL-18/IL-1F4 Antibody (IC2548N) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional IL-18/IL-1F4 Products
Blogs on IL-18/IL-1F4