IL-13 Antibody (31606) [Alexa Fluor® 647] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human IL-13
Accession # P35225
Detects human IL-13 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs and Western blots, no cross-reactivity with recombinant human IL‑4 or recombinant mouse IL-13 is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Flow Cytometry: Please use 0.25-1 ug of conjugated antibody per 10e6 cells.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
0.09% Sodium Azide
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for IL-13 Antibody (31606) [Alexa Fluor® 647]
- interleukin 13
IL-13 is a 17 kDa immunoregulatory cytokine that plays a key role in the pathogenesis of allergic asthma and atopy. It is secreted by Th1 and Th2 CD4+ T cells, NK cells, visceral smooth muscle cells, eosinophils, mast cells, and basophils (1-3). IL-13 circulates as a monomer with two internal disulfide bonds that contribute to a bundled four alpha -helix configuration (4, 5). Mature human IL-13 shares 57%, 59%, and 94% amino acid sequence identity with mouse, rat, and rhesus IL-13, respectively. Despite the low homology, it exhibits cross-species activity between human, mouse, and rat (6, 7). IL-13 has diverse activities on numerous cell types (8). On macrophages, IL-13 suppresses the production of proinflammatory cytokines and other cytotoxic substances. On B cells, IL-13 induces immunoglobulin class switching to IgE, upregulates the expression of MHC class II, CD71, CD72, and CD23, and costimulates proliferation. IL-13 upregulates IL-6 while downregulating IL-1 and TNF-alpha production by fibroblasts and endothelial cells. IL-13 binds with low affinity to IL-13 R alpha 1, triggering IL-13 R alpha 1 association with IL-4 R alpha. This high affinity receptor complex also functions as the type 2 IL-4 receptor complex (9, 10). Additionally, IL-13 binds with high affinity to IL-13 R alpha 2 which is expressed intracellularly, on the cell surface, and as a soluble molecule (11-14). IL-13 R alpha 2 regulates the bioavailability of both IL-13 and IL-4 and is over-expressed in glioma and several bronchial pathologies (10, 15, 16). Compared to wild type IL-13, the atopy-associated R110Q variant of IL-13 elicits increased responsiveness from eosinophils that express low levels of IL-13 R alpha 2 (17).
- Wills-Karp, M. (2004) Immunol. Rev. 202:175.
- Nakajima H. and K. Takatsu (2007) Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 142:265.
- McKenzie, A.N. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90:3735.
- Moy, F.J. et al. (2001) J. Mol. Biol. 310:219.
- Eisenmesser, E.Z. et al. (2001) J. Mol. Biol. 310:231.
- Ruetten, H. and C. Thiemermann (1997) Shock 8:409.
- Lakkis, F.G. et al. (1997) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 235:529.
- Wynn, T.A. (2003) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 21:425.
- Andrews, A.L. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:46073.
- Tabata, Y. et al. (2007) Curr. Allergy Asthma Rep. 7:338.
- Chiaramonte, M.G. et al. (2003) J. Exp. Med. 197:687.
- Daines, M.O. and G.K. Hershey (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 227:10387.
- Matsumura, M. et al. (2007) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 360:464.
- Tabata, Y. et al. (2007) J. Immunol. 177:7905.
- Andrews, A.L. et al. (2006) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 118:858.
- Joshi, B.H. et al. (2006) Vitam. Horm. 74:479.
- Andrews, A-L. et al. (2007) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 120:91.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IP
Species: Ch, Vi
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, Neut
Applications: ELISA, Flow
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for IL-13 Antibody (FAB2131R) (0)
There are no publications for IL-13 Antibody (FAB2131R).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-13 Antibody (FAB2131R) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-13 Antibody (FAB2131R).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-13 Antibody (FAB2131R) (0)
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-13 Antibody (FAB2131R)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-13 Antibody (FAB2131R). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-13.
FLICE, FLICE, baby
Cell death via apoptosis is a fundamental cellular function triggered by the cell death receptor family and their ligands which signal through downstream adaptor molecules and the caspase protease family. All caspases exist in a precursor form compose... Read full blog post.