FGFR2 alpha Antibody (1057941) [Unconjugated] Summary
Chinese Hamster Ovary cell line, CHO-derived human FGFR2 alpha
Accession # P21802.1
Detects human FGFR alpha in direct ELISA.
Protein A or G purified from hybridoma culture supernatant
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Immunohistochemistry 5-25 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied either lyophilized or as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for FGFR2 alpha Antibody (1057941) [Unconjugated]
- BBDS;BEK;BFR-1;CD332;CEK3;CFD1;ECT1;Fibroblast growth factor receptor;Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2;JWS;KGFR;K-SAM;Receptor protein-tyrosine kinase;TK14;TK25
- FGF R2a
- FGFR2 alpha
growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) belongs to a family of type I
tyrosine kinases which mediate the biological functions of FGFs that are
involved in a multitude of physiological and pathological cellular
The FGFR family is comprised of 4
structurally conserved members (FGFR1-4) all possessing an extracellular
domain (ECD) with three immunoglobulin (Ig)-like domains, an acid-box
containing a run of acidic residues between the IgI and IgII domains, a
transmembrane domain and cytoplasmic split tyrosine-kinase domain (1,
2). The ECD of
mature, full-length FGFR2 shares 95% amino acid sequence identity with
FGFR2. Alternative splicing generates multiple forms of FGFR1-3, each
unique signaling characteristics (1-3). For FGFR2, alternative splicing
the ECD, specifically the IgIII domain, results in IIIb, or IIIc
isoforms (4). The
FGFR splice variants also exhibit distinct and varying binding
different FGF ligands (2, 4). Specifically, FGFR2A (IIIc) binds most FGF
but not the FGF10 subfamily, while FGFR2A (IIIc) binds only members of
the FGF10 subfamily (5). FGFRs mediate
the FGF signaling cascade which regulate developmental processes
cellular proliferation, differentiation, and migration, morphogenesis,
patterning (6). FGFRs transduce the signals through three dominant
including RAS/MAPK, PI3k/AKT, and PLC gamma (7). While FGFR2 is widely
many adult human tissues, isoform expression is tissue specific, with
IIIb predominantly expressed in epithelial cells, while IIIc
is expressed in mesenchymal cells (5). FGFR2 signaling is critical for
embryonic development, tissue repair, and regulation
of osteoblast function and bone growth (8). Mutations in FGFR2 or
misregulation of FGFR2 mediated signaling is found in multiple skeletal
dysplasias, with FGFR2A (IIIc) specifically
upregulated in several cancers including prostate, breast and pancreatic
proposed as a novel therapeutic target for colorectal carcinomas (6,
- Ornitz, D.M. and Itoh, N. (2015) Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol. 4:215.
- Zhang, X. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem. 281:15694.
- Ferguson, H.R. et al. (2021) Signaling. Cells 10:1201.
- Holzmann, K. et al. (2012) J Nucleic Acids. 2012:950508.
- Wagner, E.J. et al. (2003) RNA 9:1552.
- Xie, Y. et al. (2020) Sig Transduct Target Ther 5:181.
- Mossahebi-Mohammadi, M. et al. (2020) Front Cell Dev Biol. 18:79.
- Teven, C.M. et al. (2014) Genes Dis. 1:199.
- Matsuda, Y. et al. (2012) Mol Cancer Ther. 11:2010.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Ca, Hu, Mu, Rb, Rt
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, WB
Applications: ICC, IHC, WB
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, ICC, IHC, WB
Applications: PAGE, WB
Species: Hu, Pm, Mu, Rt
Applications: ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, WB
Species: Ca, Hu, Pm, Mu, Rt
Applications: IHC, IHC-P, IP, WB
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ELISA(Sta), Flow, ICC, IHC, IP, Simple Western, WB
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, ICC, IHC, Simple Western, WB
Publications for FGFR2 alpha Antibody (MAB111191) (0)
There are no publications for FGFR2 alpha Antibody (MAB111191).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for FGFR2 alpha Antibody (MAB111191) (0)
There are no reviews for FGFR2 alpha Antibody (MAB111191).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
FAQs for FGFR2 alpha Antibody (MAB111191) (0)
Additional FGFR2 alpha Products
Blogs on FGFR2 alpha